PDA

View Full Version : Cracked bat's that have been repaired goodor bad?

AROD313
08-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Is it a good idea to have cracked bat's repaired. I have had a couple professionally done and they look great you can't even tell they were cracked at all. But does it take away from the value or the authenticity of the bat. Just curious what fellow collectors thought about this subject.

skyking26
08-16-2007, 01:53 AM
20 years ago I had a policy of only buying uncracked bats. Today I still like uncracked better - but at times there may be a bat that I know I will have trouble finding again in my lifetime, so I will buy it if it looks like it is repairable. I am a carpenter, so slight cracks can be fixed easily.

Everyone has their own view on this. Some see it as crossing the line. I n my opinion it is "restoration." If it does not look like I can repair it, I do not buy it as it drives my nuts looking at the flaw...

cjmedina1
08-16-2007, 09:25 PM
AROD313
For me I have no problem with a cracked bat espiceally if it has a ton of use.It would make a great conversation piece.I have both:D

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net
http://markmcgwirebats.com

richpick
08-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I personally do not have a problem with people repairing cracked bats. If they choose to do so and it is done professionally I would not believe that it would take away from the value of the bat.