PDA

View Full Version : Talking about mannequins......

Vintagedeputy
08-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I know recently several folks were asking about how to display game used jerseys. I prefer mannequins as I'm limited on wall space. I just snagged this puppy today at a local antique store. Its a table top style that is adjustable from 29 inches to 41 inches high. Nice solid metal base.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6369/mannequinna6.png

RKGIBSON
08-17-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree. There are a lot of different height bases. All mine are adjustable up and down about 24". The one you picked up is the best style torso.

Roger

NYRangers
08-18-2007, 09:22 PM
RK - Probably an obvious question but do you use shoulder pads on your mannequins with the FB jerseys? Thanks.

RKGIBSON
08-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I do use pads. The football jerseys just do not look correct without them. I picked up 4 torsos yesterday at a antique mall that were out of a Eddie Bauer store, $45.00 each. They are pretty muscular and the small jerseys look pretty good on them. The problem using pad is you have to buy several sizes, if you have many to display, or they still do not look right. Attached is a picture of the Bauer torsos. The Greene 49er has pads and the Panther does not.

The Panther jersey is a "almost" game used. Kevin developed this jersey, during the pre-season in 99, as his no hold jersey. It was skin tight and he went to small shoulder pads. He worn it out in the pre-game activitys the first game of the season vs the Saints. According to Kevin, the Saints players went to the "hats", as he called them, and protested the jersey. The officials came and examined it and determined it to be illegal, he presumed because of the arm openings. Capers said he could not play unless he changed into his back up jersey. It is one of my favorite and my only "almost" piece.

Roger

NYRangers
08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks Roger.
Please email me if I may ask you another football question.
Thank you again.

dmzeverg@ptd.net

The Titan
08-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Great sports room and pieces there RK. I love the shoulder pads under the jerseys, looks so much better than framed pieces IMO.

RKGIBSON
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Guys, thanks for the kind words. I like the torso mannequins as I can change the room easily. I have a lot out now but sometimes I only have 2 or 3 displayed. We have all this stuff and mine was just lying in a cedar chest except for a few that were framed. I enjoy looking at them. This seems to be the best way to show them.

Roger