PDA

View Full Version : New Nfl Pickups

RKGIBSON
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I picked up a Joseph Addai, used vs the Bills, 11-12-06.
This jersey has something I have not seen before. On each shoulder there is a double sided tape attached. This jersey came directly from the player and was not washed.

Roger

B1SON
08-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Nice pick up. How did you manage to be able to buy it directly from him???

RKGIBSON
08-18-2007, 10:10 AM
An aquaintance, and fellow collector, met Addai in college and has stayed in touch. He has some access to the college players in the south. I have got 3 good jersey from him, including this one, that he gets from the players directly. He provides me with pictures of the players with the jersey.
Photo's attached, Cadillac & White.

I have also had good luck just in everyday business putting it out there that I collect. I have got 2 directly from a executive at the Jags, a Taylor and Brunell.

I got 2 jerseys recently by writing a letter to a ex-pro player that coaches at a major college. I met him while taking my son to football camps back n th mid 90's.

There are no deals here I have to offer them enough to make it worth their time, but they are all real and that is the bottom line with me.

Roger

34swtns
08-19-2007, 07:40 PM
More awesome examples of what we've come to expect from RKG. ;)

B1SON
08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Yes, very nice. NO question on authenticity there.

Jags Fan Dan
08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Nice! I like the Brunell and Taylor jerseys especially! Nice to see some Jags stuff!

DrJ
08-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Nice jerseys. Here are two of my recent pickups. Sean Taylor and Matt Hasselbeck helmets. The Hasselbeck was sold as 2006, but if you look closely (doesn't show up in the pictures) you can see the outline of what appears to be the 2005 superbowl logo that was once attached on back.

aeneas01
08-22-2007, 03:28 AM
Nice jerseys. Here are two of my recent pickups. Sean Taylor and Matt Hasselbeck helmets. The Hasselbeck was sold as 2006, but if you look closely (doesn't show up in the pictures) you can see the outline of what appears to be the 2005 superbowl logo that was once attached on back.

nice lids - if you don't mind me asking, where did you find them? and would you mind posting more photos of them?

DrJ
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
These are game exclusives with team coa's. I'm in a hurry at this moment, but I'll try to do more pics for you later. thanks.

RKGIBSON
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I have been working on this deal for a while and finally got it done and received the following items from Lionel James today. He played for the Chargers from 1984 to 1988. He was a great running back out of Auburn.
1988 Chargers home jersey
2 presentation footballs.
USFL football from the first USFL game played in Birmingham. Lionel was running back coach for the Thunderbolts then.
He wrote me letters on each item. It feels like Christmas!

Roger

DrJ
08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Very nice "Little Train" items, I wish I could make contacts like that.

Aeneas, here are a couple more pictures. I knew up front that the Hasselbeck chinstrap wasn't his normal one - just FYI. Thanks.

RKGIBSON
08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know what I was thinking when I called the XFL football a USFL, there is a little difference, sorry.

Dr J, nice helmets. Its good to have a direct from the team source. I have only bought a couple helmets, because most are remakes in my opinion. I have 2 that I got from Kevin Greene, his 99 training camp helmet, and a Mike Alstott that he got from Mike at the 99 Pro Bowl, they traded Pro Bowl helmets. Photos attached. I have more photo's if anyone wants to see more of these helmets.

The Alstott is autographed by the 99 Buc's Pro bowl players, Alstott, Sapp, Brooks, Nickerson & Mayberry.

It would be good to start a players helmet data base.

Roger

Neely8
09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Wow, that is an awesome photomatch on the Addai.

B1SON
09-09-2007, 01:04 AM
I like to see some NFL discussion. Nice change of pace from the everyday baseball talk.

indyred
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Anyone get anything new? Other than the Cutler and Bailey Captain jerseys sold on NFL.com have any teams sold any gamers from the this season yet?

RKGIBSON
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I have picked up a couple of things.

Takeo Spikes 2004 with team paperwork, nice 3 game use that was easy to photo match.

Ryan McNeil 2002 Chargers, NFL paperwork, with side modifications that were different than I had seen before.

Micheal Vick 2006, worn all season, helmet. I got this from his agent. It has the Vick hologram and paperwork. It was requested by the HOF but that was changed when his trouble began. I believe even with his problems this is a significate piece of football history. He set records for all time QB yards gained and yards per carry in a season.

If any more pictures are needed ask.

I did win the Don Maynard and Vince Young helmets in the AMI auction. I should have them Wednesday.

Roger

mvandor
10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I have been working on this deal for a while and finally got it done and received the following items from Lionel James today. Eric's gonne be jealous ( I know I am). How'd you pry these loose from Lil' Train?

RKGIBSON
10-22-2007, 09:10 PM
$$$$$$$$$

Seriously, I met Lionel when I took my son to Auburn for football camps back in the mid 90's, he was running backs coach. I took a shot and dropped him a line. I made him a serious offer if he had anything he would sell. He responded and I got his last jersey.

Roger

Eric
10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Roger-

I shot you an email about the Lionel James jersey. Check it out. In case you didn't get it, I'm at ecky3@aol.com
Eric

B1SON
10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Roger-

I shot you an email about the Lionel James jersey. Check it out. In case you didn't get it, I'm at ecky3@aol.com
Eric

On a side note.... congrats on 2,000 posts Eric!

cugolfnut
12-18-2007, 10:28 PM
RkGibson...what other auburn jerseys, and game used memorabilia do you have?