PDA

View Full Version : Broadway Rick: a positive post!

earlywynnfan
01-24-2006, 01:32 PM
For whatever most of you think of Broadway Rick, I would like to post a positive thing he did in his most recent auction. He had a baseball listed as signed by the 1948 Indians; unfortunately, it dates to the 1949 team, which means a significant loss of value since the 48 team won the series.

I called him about it this morning, and pointed out the error in the listing. I am happy to say that he has already changed the listing.

There are many on this site who slam people for the mistakes they make. Well, I have made many mistakes and so has everyone else. I try to judge people by how they handle these mistakes, and I applaud Rick for doing the right thing.

I know this doesn't relate to game used items, but it needed to be said.

Ken

ChrisCavalier
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I have made many mistakes and so has everyone else. I try to judge people by how they handle these mistakes, and I applaud Rick for doing the right thing.
Hello Ken-

Well said...and thanks for providing the update.

Sincerely,
Chris

Fraudfinder!!
01-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Actually he only changed the year from 1948 to 1949 in the description. Everything else he left the same. He has the 1949 Cleveland Indians winning the World Series. The ball is still described as the last team signed championship ball. I thought the 49 Series was between the Yanks and Bums....:D