Clear All
  • gameused
    • Nov 2005

"Big Papi" selling Mercedes on ebay! Top bid close to 1/2 million

Attached Files
  • Utopian2630
    • May 2006

Re: "Big Papi" selling Mercedes on ebay! Top bid close to 1/2 million

Who cares about having one of Papi's jerseys or bats, I'd want that Benz!! I wonder if there are any stadium driven car collectors out there? haha.

Interestingly enough, when I was looking for a new car a few years ago, one of the dealerships had Barry Bonds's 1991 Jaguar XJS for sale. It was a 91 red convertable and for 12,500 I had seriously considered it since I remember chasing after that car at Three Rivers Stadium when i was a kid (he had that and a black Porsche 911). However, I didnt want to have the deal with the headaches of fixing it, since I've heard that older Jags can be a lot of trouble when they break down.

Comment

• mwbosoxfan
      • Mar 2006

Just in case anyone is wondering about the "Game Used" authenticity of Papi's Benz and it's keeping you from firing off a bid, here is a photo match that I took at Fenway last summer!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BigPapiBenz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	639372

Comment

• mwbosoxfan
        • Mar 2006

I noticed this auction went from 12 or 14 bidders and a high bid of $474K back to 0 bidders and the original starting price of $169,000. Now the listing includes, "Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only." I suppose this will now keep bidders from jacking around with the auction, but it seems that for upper end and extreme high dollar items there would be a better place to sell other than eBay.

Comment

• TNTtoys
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by mwbosoxfan
          I noticed this auction went from 12 or 14 bidders and a high bid of $474K back to 0 bidders and the original starting price of $169,000. Now the listing includes, "Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only." I suppose this will now keep bidders from jacking around with the auction, but it seems that for upper end and extreme high dollar items there would be a better place to sell other than eBay.
          Sounds like a more serious approach, but it still reminds me of the fiaso several months ago when Manny tried to sell his (or not his) barbeque on ebay...
          Looking for ...
          Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
          Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
          Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

What's with these Red Sox? First Manny with the grill and now Big Papi with his car (well at least we know it's his). Don't these guys get paid enough so they wouldn't have to hock their stuff on ebay

David
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...