PDA

View Full Version : "Big Papi" selling Mercedes on ebay! Top bid close to 1/2 million

gameused
08-22-2007, 01:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300142531486&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

Utopian2630
08-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Who cares about having one of Papi's jerseys or bats, I'd want that Benz!! I wonder if there are any stadium driven car collectors out there? haha.

Interestingly enough, when I was looking for a new car a few years ago, one of the dealerships had Barry Bonds's 1991 Jaguar XJS for sale. It was a 91 red convertable and for 12,500 I had seriously considered it since I remember chasing after that car at Three Rivers Stadium when i was a kid (he had that and a black Porsche 911). However, I didnt want to have the deal with the headaches of fixing it, since I've heard that older Jags can be a lot of trouble when they break down.

mwbosoxfan
08-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering about the "Game Used" authenticity of Papi's Benz and it's keeping you from firing off a bid, here is a photo match that I took at Fenway last summer!

mwbosoxfan
08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I noticed this auction went from 12 or 14 bidders and a high bid of $474K back to 0 bidders and the original starting price of $169,000. Now the listing includes, "Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only." I suppose this will now keep bidders from jacking around with the auction, but it seems that for upper end and extreme high dollar items there would be a better place to sell other than eBay.

TNTtoys
08-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I noticed this auction went from 12 or 14 bidders and a high bid of $474K back to 0 bidders and the original starting price of $169,000. Now the listing includes, "Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only." I suppose this will now keep bidders from jacking around with the auction, but it seems that for upper end and extreme high dollar items there would be a better place to sell other than eBay.

Sounds like a more serious approach, but it still reminds me of the fiaso several months ago when Manny tried to sell his (or not his) barbeque on ebay...

metsbats
08-24-2007, 07:44 AM
What's with these Red Sox? First Manny with the grill and now Big Papi with his car (well at least we know it's his). Don't these guys get paid enough so they wouldn't have to hock their stuff on ebay:D

David