PDA

View Full Version : lEGENDS OF THE GAME?????

JETEFAN
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
hI, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A COMPANY CALLED LEGENDS OF THE GAME IN cOLORADO? THEY SOLD ME SOME BOGUS STUFF IN 1998.

THANKS

ChrisCavalier
01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
hI, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A COMPANY CALLED LEGENDS OF THE GAME IN cOLORADO? THEY SOLD ME SOME BOGUS STUFF IN 1998.
Hello Jetefan-

Let me start out by saying I have had no personal dealings with Legends of the Game in Colorado and cannot give you a opinion of them. However, I would like to direct you to a forum rule which states:

· In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Please provide adequate information as to why you think the items you received were "bogus". Otherwise, I would like to request that Eric delete this post.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

bat_master
01-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi,

According to the Better Business Bureau website (www.bbb.org (http://www.bbb.org)) the listing for that company (if it is the same one) contains this information:

"According to information in Bureau files, it appears that this company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the Bureau had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The Bureau's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice."

Hope this helps. I've traveled several times to the Denver and Colorado Springs area as I have family there. I haven't heard of or dealt with this company before.

Tim Byington

ChrisCavalier
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
According to the Better Business Bureau website (www.bbb.org (http://www.bbb.org)) the listing for that company (if it is the same one) contains this information:

"According to information in Bureau files, it appears that this company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the Bureau had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The Bureau's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice."

Hope this helps. I've traveled several times to the Denver and Colorado Springs area as I have family there. I haven't heard of or dealt with this company before.
Hello Tim-

Thank you for providing that information. I hope it is useful and a testament of how helpful this forum can be.

However, as for the reason for my note above, please make sure to acquaint yourselves with the rules and make sure they are followed when posting. Otherwise, poor Eric's fingers are going to get numb from posting reminders.

Thanks,
Chris

bat_master
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I agree with Chris. I've become reluctant to post on what is obviously a great tool for learning and sharing. I think it behooves us as a group to remember that when something is written it greatly reflects on the author; positively, or negatively.

Tim Byington

"Writers are not just people who sit down and write. They hazard themselves. Every time you compose a book your composition of yourself is at stake. "
~E.L. Doctorow

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."
~Warren Buffett

gameused
01-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Tim,

Thank's for providing that link to the BBB. I wish I would have know about the BBB website before I purchased some shirts from West Coast Customs in California, AKA "Pimp My Ride"

I just checked and the BBB gave them a company a rating of a D. I just filed a complaint with the BBB against West Coast Customs. I ordered some t-shirts from them and they sent me the wrong shirts and I have been unsucessful in resolving the issue with them. They kee giving me the run around. Hopefully the BBB can help me out.

Thanks again, Bobby