PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought from these guys?

grandpahoo
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I just stumbled upon www.gamewornuniforms.com (http://www.gamewornuniforms.com). Have any of you bought from them? They have jerseys of a lot of obscure players whom I collect, but they only post a limited amount of information about each jersey, which makes me nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.

TNTtoys
08-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I just stumbled upon www.gamewornuniforms.com (http://www.gamewornuniforms.com). Have any of you bought from them? They have jerseys of a lot of obscure players whom I collect, but they only post a limited amount of information about each jersey, which makes me nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.
I have bought a few 80s-90s Astros items from Wayne, Morgan & the gang. They are top notch sellers and have a tremendous inventory. Ask for a catalog if you place an order with them... the catalog is very large and contains many items not listed on their website.

grandpahoo
08-22-2007, 11:18 PM
I have bought a few 80s-90s Astros items from Wayne, Morgan & the gang. They are top notch sellers and have a tremendous inventory. Ask for a catalog if you place an order with them... the catalog is very large and contains many items not listed on their website.

Did you have any questions about whether the items were actually game-used, or did they appear to check out? Also, do you know if they're willing to negotiate at all? Their prices are all over the place. One of the players I'm interested in was a qb with a grand total of 2 NFL completions, but his jersey's in the $400 range. That seems a bit excessive.

beavisrules
08-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I bought a Kansas City Chiefs game used jersey from them (of a "common" player) off ebay for a little over $100 several years ago - very pleased with the transaction, and a really nice jersey.

grandpahoo
08-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I bought a Kansas City Chiefs game used jersey from them (of a "common" player) off ebay for a little over $100 several years ago - very pleased with the transaction, and a really nice jersey.

Thanks man, I appreciate the help, especially since one of the jerseys I'm interested in is a Chiefs jerseys from a complete unknown. Of course, it's listed at 400 bones, so I may have to wait for some ebay action.

TNTtoys
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Did you have any questions about whether the items were actually game-used, or did they appear to check out?
No problems at all with the authenticity of the items. I have very little doubt that they are not the real thing.

Also, do you know if they're willing to negotiate at all?
They have come down slightly on a few items but I wouldn't expect too much in the way of negotiation.

Their prices are all over the place.
Yes, they are... it's hit or miss. My best advice is to find what you want and then weigh it against the asking price. You may find a bargain, you may pay market price, you may find that it is overpriced. They literally have thousands of items, so the odds of everything being priced right are slim... but I have found that there are good deals there.

ahuff
08-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Did you have any questions about whether the items were actually game-used, or did they appear to check out?

First of all, I want to point out that I love purchasing jerseys from Wayne. Most of their items are legit. However, ALL of us make mistakes. When I first got into the hobby, it just so happened that I purchased several items from Wayne. The older NBA stuff is really nice, and probably the best on the market. When you get those, in the mail, there is no question as to their authenticity.

They are starting to make me wonder, however, on some of the newer stuff. Especially the Team USA basketball. They have a #4 USA jersey that I was pretty excited about. However, it is a size 44 and Laettner wore a 48 at that point.

They had an Aubrey Huff batting practice jersey that I wanted. However, they were calling it an alternate and wanted $1,100. I proved through photos and mlb video that there is no way they wore that particular jersey during games. However, they still insisted that it was not a bp jersey.

I've also purchased some minor league stuff that they have the affilition incorrect on. Some extensive research with the manufacturer, rosters, and other experts finally helped me figure that out.

So do your homework no matter what.

Also, do you know if they're willing to negotiate at all? Their prices are all over the place.

I've never found much negotiating. Some stuff is a real nice buy. Others are way out of wack. If you just have to have the item, then I would suggest biting the bullet. However, if you feel you can wait I would suggest seeing if it goes on ebay. I've seen some of the higher priced stuff come down dramatically when it gets listed on the bay.

bigtime59
08-24-2007, 07:10 AM
I have bought a couple of pieces from them on eBay, and been quite happy. However, I also see them putting the same items up on eBay--at the same price--over and over again w/o making a sale.
You'll occasionally get a bargain on eBay, and you'll often be left scratching your head at their prices...and how doggedly they stick to them.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com