PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Restoration

wrestlecon
08-23-2007, 08:15 AM
In the past there has been a thread about a gentleman who used to restore jerseys for Dick Dobbins. Can anyone provide me his name and number? Thanks in advance.

G1X
08-23-2007, 09:39 AM
I believe that it was Lon Lewis, but I do not have any contact information for him. Perhaps someone else has that information and can provide it to you. My understanding is that he does excellent restoration work.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

Moustache Gang
08-23-2007, 09:54 AM
You can reach Lon at shadowsdad@worldnet.att.net

I have used Lon in the past and as a matter of fact he is working on five of my A's jersey as I write this message. He simply is the BEST in the business, bar none.

Mark

TNTtoys
08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I'll second Mark's comments about Lon. I will not use anyone other than Lon for restoration of jerseys. He does fantastic work.

-Nick

ahuff
08-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I've got a question for those of you who have had a jersey restored. I have a jersey that was recycled to the minors, but was originally a star player. The strip tagging still remains, but everything else has been replaced with minor league patches. Would it be better, for resale purposes, to send and get restored or simply sell as is?

Thanks.

Giants00
08-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi.
Great question. Assuming the jersey is a flannel jersey, i think this really depends on the jersey condition. If the number on the back is unchanged, and just the front of the jersey is changed, I think restoration helps the jersey valuation. If the only thing original on the jersey is the name strip, my personal belief is that you are better going as is. I have been looking at some auction data, and there is a clear penalty for restored jerseys of stars. What i am having trouble finding is pricing for minor league jerseys, unrestored. I have a very large collection of flannels (generally pre-1951), so if you want any help on valuation....