PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who authenticates NFL Game worn helmets?

yankeevin
08-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Any help would be great

B1SON
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Or reputable sources that sell a lot of them, I'd appreciate it.

DrJ
08-26-2007, 09:40 AM
yankeevin - If you are looking for an opinion, I would post pictures here and maybe someone can help.

B1SON - I've collected helmets since 1994, they seemed easier to find then and more affordable. I wish I knew some place to find a bunch of authentic ones for sale at a decent price, but I'm not sure it exists. I consigned some helmets to Bricol Sports when I moved to trim back my collection. You might take a look at those and see if any of them interest you.

jayt1234
08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
As far as authentic game used NFL helmets the only real 100% reliable source I know of that has any inventory is Game Used Exclusives...They have a marketing deal with the Cowboys, Redskins, Seahawks and the Bears...They also list the Bills anc Colts but I have not seen anything of theres on there site...The guy who you would deal with is Joe and he has been a great to deal with...The Cowboys helmets are listed very affordably with the throw backs at around $650 and the silver helmets for $550..Now this is for who they currently have in stock...The bigger named helmets were consigned to Heritage Auctions this past spring and the prices ranged from around $350 for Brady James to over $2000 for Owens...They have some Redskins helemets currently for sale for a bit more than the Cowboys...Somebody listed here last week who had bough a Hasselback Seahawks helmet from them as well...Give him an email to see if he can get you what you are looking for...As far as Ebay is concerned I would not trust it at all...Jim Yackel has written just how hard it is to get 100% real helmets outside of the Cowboys which is why he does not sell that many...He has inside knowledge of some of the things equipment managers do to there helmets, so it is quite easy for him to know if someone is pasing off a replica...Game issued is a joke in my opinion on Ebay as far as helmets...Really where did they come from, solid proof of where someone could find a game used or issued star players helmet when not one other helmet is availble from that team anywhere...It just does not make any sense...Some equipment managers have even stated that not one of there helmets has ever left the teams possesion...Also I heard NFL auctions once the season rolls around sells some, but be prepared for some serious pricing.

B1SON
08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys!