X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

H&b

Hi
    Why would H&B not put a barrel brand on a bat from 1921-1931. If there's no barrel brand does that mean it once had a decal on it.
  • bat_master
    • Sep 2005

Re: H&b

Originally posted by yanks12025
    Hi
    Why would H&B not put a barrel brand on a bat from 1921-1931. If there's no barrel brand does that mean it once had a decal on it.
    Not necessarily. Sounds more likely that it was just an H&B bat with no player endorsement.

I've got one on my wall right now that has a blank barrel, but has grease pencil writing on the handle with the name Jim Bryan and an illegible date.

It is also vault marked B122 on both ends.
    sigpic
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

Comment

• yanks12025
      • Jan 2006

Bat master
      I know this is a stupid question but if the grease/pencil marks ever fade away is there a way to tell that they were there one time. Like maybe a black light or something else. Thanks

Comment

• bat_master
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by yanks12025
        Bat master
        I know this is a stupid question but if the grease/pencil marks ever fade away is there a way to tell that they were there one time. Like maybe a black light or something else. Thanks
        You can call me by name. I'm Tim, btw.

Sometimes there will be an area where it looks like the bat was cleaned. Usually it will be a strip on the side of the bat about 1"-1.5" tall and maybe 12-15" long.

If you would like to email me at tim@hofbats.com I can send you a couple of pictures of the area I'm talking about.
        sigpic
        Tim Byington
        Hall of Fame Bats
        tim@hofbats.com

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Thanks tim for all the help.
          I know what your talking about my one bat has the same thing. Thanks again you have been a big help.

Comment

Working...