PDA

View Full Version : Help with Soriano Bat Photomatch

zookerman182
09-01-2007, 03:12 AM
I got a alfonso soriano game used bat from andrew lang about 3 weeks ago and was curious when soriano used the bat so since i had mlb.tv i thought i would go through each of his at bats starting after the manufactureres date on the barrel (i know i dont have a life). Anyway the date on the barrel is 5/3/7 and turns out soriano started using the bat during the 5th inning of a game at wrigley vs the brewers on 6/29 and finally cracked the bat during the 5th inning vs the nats on 7/2. i was able to get about 20 different paused moments where bat rack streaks, dirt marks, and ink marks matched perfectly. Soriano also went 5/12 in that stretch with a 2B. The main reason i posted this is to see if anyone here knows of any photos from any of these games so i might can find a photomatch. He played in 4 games total with the bat. If you have any photos or info on where i might be able to find one please e-mail me at brewergamer28@yahoo.com

Also if you dont have mlb.tv and want to know when your game used bat was used you might want to try it out. It took me over 3 hours to confirm when he used it but that was time well spent and the video is clear enough to pause and see matches. Sorry for the long read.

Matt

allstarsplus
09-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Congrats! That is awesome! I was hoping it was a HR bat since there were so many deep lace marks.

Following Soriano bats is easier than many players because he doesn't use them for BP and he generally uses 1 bat until he cracks it!

I hope someone can find some photos for you.

Andrew

allstarsplus
09-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Soriano also went 5/12 in that stretch with a 2B. Matt

A .417 batting average on that bat is great!

Andrew

dcrules01
09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Zook don't feel bad I have no life either and a wife that thinks I am crazy.I had all David Wrights broken bat ab logged on a piece of paper from April 1st until the All Star break this season.Well my wife thought it was garbage and through it away with junk mail.:mad:

allstarsplus
09-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I had all David Wrights broken bat ab logged on a piece of paper from April 1st until the All Star break this season.Well my wife thought it was garbage and through it away with junk mail.:mad:

Scott & Matt - You 2 are doing a great job of photomatching. I remember when Scott called me with the great news on one of the Wright bats that I sold him that it was a HR bat!!!! There is nothing better than finding your item is a significant game used item.

By the way, my wife just threw away all my Nationals parking passes for the rest of the season as she thought they were trash so I have one up on you!:(

Andrew

zookerman182
09-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I actually like searching for the markings on the bats on video. It takes a while and it can get annoying but in a way its like a scavenger hunt. When i actually found the inning he started using the bat it was really cool. If anyone remembers the cubs game where aramis hit the walk off HR off of cordero of the brewers one of the singles soriano got with the bat was to lead off the 9th inning in that game. Pretty cool stuff i think anyway.

eGameUsed
09-01-2007, 02:36 PM
You guys have inspired me to search for photos of my 2006 Soriano bat that I purchased from Andrew. The best 2006 Soriano I have seen (I am sure Andrew has seen better). But you can't beat a PSA/DNA Graded 9.5, heavily used bat. Thanks again Andrew! I will post photos if I find anything!

PS - Thank goodness my wife is away in Chicago for the Labor Day holiday while I have nothing better to do than walk the dog and look for photomatches :)

Thanks,

zookerman182
09-01-2007, 02:54 PM
You guys have inspired me to search for photos of my 2006 Soriano bat that I purchased from Andrew. The best 2006 Soriano I have seen (I am sure Andrew has seen better). But you can't beat a PSA/DNA Graded 9.5, heavily used bat. Thanks again Andrew! I will post photos if I find anything!

PS - Thank goodness my wife is away in Chicago for the Labor Day holiday while I have nothing better to do than walk the dog and look for photomatches :)

Thanks,

If you send some good pictures of the bat along with the manufacture date on the top of the barrel to me i can search video for you if you want. My e-mail is brewergamer28@yahoo.com. BTW i am VERY jealouse of you for having that bat. I used to own 2 soriano nats bats and have regretted getting rid of them every single day.

Vintagedeputy
09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Does MLB TV have all of the games from the whole year? I'm desperately trying to photo match a Yankees bat from earlier this year.

zookerman182
09-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Does MLB TV have all of the games from the whole year? I'm desperately trying to photo match a Yankees bat from earlier this year.

it has all games from this season and last season.

Vintagedeputy
09-01-2007, 06:54 PM
sold!

yanks12025
09-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Zookerman
What package do you need to get all the games from last year because i'm trying to photo match a Cano bat. The only one that it say's you have access to 2006 Archives is the Gameday Audio. Thanks

zookerman182
09-01-2007, 07:57 PM
i got the monthly premium package for 19.95. The picture quality is better and you can access 06 games.

yanks12025
09-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi
For some reason when ever i try to pause the game then push play a error comes up. Also is there anyway maybe to print zoom in anything. To try to get a better look. Thanks

eGameUsed
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Just started working on looking for photos. Will try that before game footage. There are tons of blue ball marks, and one odd spot of pine tar I an hoping to pin point. Manufacture date is 8/17/2006. It was authenticated by PSA/DNA on 9/26/2006, so should be fairly easy to pin point.

zookerman182
09-01-2007, 10:34 PM
wow now thats a bat. Goodluck! If you cant find a photo i might watch some video until i find it.

zookerman182
09-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I found the video match. He started using the bat on september 3 vs the d backs and finished using it on september 6th vs the cards. He used it all 4 games and went 3-14 with a double and 2 singles. I was able to pause it several times and see nice marks that matched. Hope you can find a nice photo from those games.

eGameUsed
09-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the help! I am looking on some other photo sites as we speak. Did you try to get some screen shots for your bat? I have a program call MWSnap that let's you take custom sized screen grabs and turn them into .jpg. Let me know if you need it. I might have you take some screen shots for me.

Thanks,

allstarsplus
09-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Chris - That is great pine tar on that bat!

You guys are awesome. If anyone can do a couple of .jpg for me on Sept 20 2006 Braves/Nationals of Ryan Zimmerman's 1st at-bat where he hit a HR would be great. I own that bat as my bat was lucky enough to have been MLB hologram'd.

Thanks!!!!!!!! Andrew

eGameUsed
09-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks Andrew! If anyone needs the MWSnap program, shoot me an e-mail and I will send the the .exe for the program. Thanks!

zookerman182
09-02-2007, 07:56 AM
I actually wasnt going to try and turn the video screen shots into pictures since the quality isnt close to what i would want for a actual photomatch but i was thinking it would be cool to make a dvd with every at bat on it. I am not sure if there is any way to own video of actual games. But if there is a way to make a dvd that would be sweet. i have also been looking over different picture sites to see if i can find clear still shot of the bat during those games i said he used the bat in.

zookerman182
09-02-2007, 08:09 AM
ok well after doing alot of looking around for clear photomatches of this bat i have found 3 good pictures. There he is digging out the batters box and as you can see in the picture you provided the rounded off section of the pine tar matches perfetly along with the clean barrel and dirt marks at the end. Next in this at bat you can see all the blue ink marks up the barrel match up perfectly with the ones on your bat and they also match up nicely in the final photo. I was pretty stoked to finally find good pictures of this bat for you after getting the games right in which he used them in. Enjoy.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/sorianobattersbox.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/sorianobatting.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/zookerman182/sorianoatbat2.jpg

zookerman182
09-02-2007, 08:10 AM
i forgot to mention this is the september 5th game vs the cardinals.

dcrules01
09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Nice match I am still currently looking at game film for my Wright.

eGameUsed
09-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Beat me to them! Check out these photos from 9/3 and 9/4 versus the D-Backs. Notice the dark part of the handle tape and the tar stain just above the tape. They match perfectly!

Vintagedeputy
09-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I reviewed a Yanks/Jays game from May 28th last night and was unable to match my Posada bat. I'm wondering if the seller got his days mixed up and maybe it was the 29th .............

Vintagedeputy
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I found my match. My Posada bat was used in the top of the 8th inning on May 29th. Its an absolute match. Posada hit an rbi single with it to drive Jeter in during a 3-2 Yankees loss to Toronto.

zookerman182
09-02-2007, 03:22 PM
totally awesome dude! I'm glad you were able to find the bat. Its a tricky process.

Vintagedeputy
09-02-2007, 07:47 PM
I need to look at some previous games' AB's to see if he used it before but this one is a definite match.