PDA

View Full Version : Vlad Bats

Dodgers101
09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Just curios what evryone has seen or owns. So far I've seen LS, Zinger, Rt.66, and Nokona. He sure likes to different bats. Do you guys think he is unhappy with certain bats and is searching for a better feel? Just wondering what peoples thoughts were.:D

scottanservitz
09-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I recently purchased this Xbat used by Vlad in 2004. It has tons of tar and ball marks on it. I had it authenticated by John Taube at the National in Cleveland this year and it passed with flying colors. I think Vlad is like that kid on your Little League team that uses a different bat everytime he hits. He uses no batting gloves and hits almost anything thrown at him very hard. This year I think he uses mostly Nokona and Rt. 66 bats, but he has used tons of different bats throughout his career. Hope this helps.

Scott

Dodgers101
09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Scott, thanks for sharing. That is quite interesting. Funny I'm a Dodger fan, but Vlad is my favorite player right now. I make the trek down to Anaheim a few times a year to go watch him play. I really didn't realize how many styles of bats he used until I recently started looking around.

John

scottanservitz
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
John,
I too am a big Vlad fan, but I live 50 miles east of Cleveland. So my chances of seeing him play are limited to visits to Jacobs Field. I love old school players and that is what Vlad is. No batting gloves, getting dirty. The way the game should be played. As far as bats, I got mine on eBay, but not before I did some researching. I looked at web sites, Getty, asked questions. What I came up with are Vlad uses tar/motto stick generously. He hits balls from all directions so ball and hit marks should be everywhere. I like my bats autographed so I found one with a sig. There is a seller on eBay that supposedly deals with Vlad and he says Vlad autographed 99.9% of the time when he gives his bats away. Basically the more use the better. My bat has a small crack which I also like. Hope this helps.
Scott

geoff
09-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I own 2 Vlad Game Used Bats.
1 is a Double A Game Used Signed Bat with a number 27 on the Bottom.
2 is a Route 66 nice looking Game Used Bat Authenticated by PSA from 2006.The Route 66 Bat shows nice game use.I study Vlad all the time and also love his style with out batting gloves and his betting helmet has no much tar on it its crazy.

Thanks
Geoff

Dodgers101
09-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Geoff,
interesting point. I was watching the game tonight and noticed all the pine tar on his helmet, yet most of the bats I've seen have relatively light pine tar on them.

earlywynnfan
09-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I have a KR-3 from his Expos days, with name misspelled. I bought it from John Taube.

Hey, Scott, where exactly are you? I'm in Willoughby. Have we crossed paths before?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

gameused
09-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Geoff,
interesting point. I was watching the game tonight and noticed all the pine tar on his helmet, yet most of the bats I've seen have relatively light pine tar on them.

From what I've seen and owned, most Vlad Angels bats are loaded with pine tar and have some of the deepest seam marks on the barrel (Vlad take some of the biggest hacks at the plate) Heres an LVS from 2006.

NegleyPirate
09-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi John,
Here is some pics of my Vlad gamer. It's from his Expo days and was acquired from the Expos. It has tons of tar,marks,etc. with MLB authentic hologram.
Thanks,

scottanservitz
09-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Ken,
I am in Ashtabula. I don't think we have crossed paths that I know of. How about that Tribe? Playing well right now. Hope it continues.
Scott

indyred
09-03-2007, 07:26 PM
John,
I too am a big Vlad fan, but I live 50 miles east of Cleveland. So my chances of seeing him play are limited to visits to Jacobs Field. I love old school players and that is what Vlad is. No batting gloves, getting dirty. The way the game should be played. As far as bats, I got mine on eBay, but not before I did some researching. I looked at web sites, Getty, asked questions. What I came up with are Vlad uses tar/motto stick generously. He hits balls from all directions so ball and hit marks should be everywhere. I like my bats autographed so I found one with a sig. There is a seller on eBay that supposedly deals with Vlad and he says Vlad autographed 99.9% of the time when he gives his bats away. Basically the more use the better. My bat has a small crack which I also like. Hope this helps.
Scott

I see on ebay is a really sweet Louisville Slugger M9 like the one gameused posted, loaded with pine tar. Is this the seller that handles most of Vlads game used bats? I recall him selling his pink Mother's Day bat.

Dodgers101
09-03-2007, 10:55 PM
From what I've seen and owned, most Vlad Angels bats are loaded with pine tar and have some of the deepest seam marks on the barrel (Vlad take some of the biggest hacks at the plate) Heres an LVS from 2006.
I was just looking at I have seen recently for sale and most have said light to moderate pine tar on the bat which I thoght was interesting given the fact that you can barely see the logo on his helmet.

John