PDA

View Full Version : MYCCSA.com (Coaches Corner)

srothw
09-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Has anyone bought autographed items from www.myccsa.com (http://www.myccsa.com)? If so have you had good or bad experiences? I'm thinking of bidding on some items but with everythign going on in the hobby I would like to hear from people here first if they have bought any game used or Auto stuff on there

murderers_row
09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Has anyone bought autographed items from www.myccsa.com (http://www.myccsa.com)? If so have you had good or bad experiences? I'm thinking of bidding on some items but with everythign going on in the hobby I would like to hear from people here first if they have bought any game used or Auto stuff on there

There isn't an autograph there that's any good. (Just my opinion, of course. But what do I know? I've only been collecting vintage autographs for 45 years.)

David
09-03-2007, 11:12 PM
They have a horrible reputation in the hobby.

If you are looking for reputable autograph auction houses, try places like Lelands, Mastro Auctions, Heritage, SCP/Sotheby's, Huggins and Scott.

skipcareyisfat
09-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Way too many problems with way too much of their stuff. The only ones who seem to like them are our friends at SCD -- you know, "the hobby's oldest and largest publication." :mad:

worldchamps
09-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I love when SCD will have an article on Operation Foulball, or how the hobby is trying to be cleaned up , followed by 10 pages of Coaches Corners fake autographs. It is amazing how from such a small thumbnail picture can show how bad their stuff is

I thought about contacting SCD to express my displeasure with them allowing them to advertise...then I realized that 20-30% of their magazine was their ads

Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!!

Cleaning out my closet I found old issues that were well over 100 pages...at one time they even would have double issues. Now you get 40-50 pages at most.

I would love to get Chris Nerat's opinion on this.

Bill

rangersstars@yahoo.com

sammy
09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
In earlier years you would be able to find a few gems amongst all the garbage. Now it is more difficult, but still possible.

srothw
09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I bought a handful of items from them last month and decided not to keep a few. I put a couple on ebay and I got hammered by people and ebay took the three auctions off. I called CC today and they were real weird about the questions I asked. I'm a little pissy at this point. they offered a 21 day return policy after auction..... or they could reconsign it in their next auction.

yanks12025
09-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Hi
In there auction now they have a vintage store model bat. Should that be fine or could that be fake some how. Thanks

David
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
What I notice is that it seems all the Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Johnny Evers, Lou Gehrig autographs are in incredible dark and clean ink-- which when, according to odds and time, a substantial portion should be faded, semi-faded. Compare to the the highest of high end auctions-- Sotheby's, Barry Halper, Mastro, REA-- where you will see that a major portion of their old autographs have good fading and aging. That's because most autographs don't survive from the 1920s in mint condition, especially on baseballs.

Don't the authenticators for this auction house ever wonder why seemingly every Babe Ruth, George Washington, Walter Johnson and Jean Harlow autograph is in mint jet black condition?

David
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
For every 10 authentic Babe Ruth signed baseballs, you should count yourself lucky if 1 has a Mint signature. You should probably count yourself lucky if 1 is at best Near Mint. Check the catalogs of the major auction houses, like Mastro and Sotheby's, to confirm this this percentage.

So when 7/10 or 9/10 or Babe Ruth signatures on baseballs are Mint, the percentages alone suggest an issue.