Can any bat experts give me some advice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5kRunner
    • Aug 2007

Can any bat experts give me some advice?

Hi,
    I'm new, and I love this site. I'm a huge Cubs fan and justing getting started with a game used collection.

I found this Derrek Lee bat.

Of course, now that I have posted it all the Cubs collectors will go after it.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what to look for so I have resonable assurance it's authentic. Also, the first thing that jumped out at me is Derek vs. Derrek. Are misspelled names common?

Thanks for the help.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    sigpic
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Re: Can any bat experts give me some advice?

Spelling mistakes happen.

The bat is in Chicago which adds to its probable authenticity. You need to ask for pics of the knob to see if there is a uniform number that matches Lee's number. Then go to Getty Images online and do a search for Lee and see if you can find pics of him using that brand of bat. You might even be able to make an exact photo match.

Good luck!

Comment

• 5kRunner
      • Aug 2007

Vintage,
      Thanks for the reply. I know Lee uses Old Hickory model DS2 which matches. I'll email him and ask for pics of the knob. Thanks.
      SCOTT
      scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
      sigpic

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

ps - next time, just show us the pics and dont tell anyone where you found the bat, until its in your hands.

Comment

Working...