PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider this a phot0 match?

toddhead
09-07-2007, 07:15 AM
This kind of got lost in September Pick Ups Thread, so I am posting it again.

Would you consider this to be a photo match?

My jersey:
http://www.honorcoins.com/portisgu.jpg

Photo that shows damage where the team repair is:
http://www.honorcoins.com/PORTISMATCH.jpg

allstarsplus
09-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Awesome jersey. Based on the photo you can't make a conclusive match as the Getty photo shows a horizontal repair that stretched almost the entire way to the mesh part of the jersey vs. on a hanger the repair is an upside down "L" shape, but that could be because of the shoulder pads stretched it that way. The 2 scratches above the repair look good.

You may want to take a pair of shoulder pads and position the jersey over it and see how it looks then and it should hopefully match perfectly.

By the way, did you get the jersey from GameExclusives?

Just a suggestion & GO REDSKINS! Andrew

Eric
09-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Are there any marks on the numbers? If it's the same jersey as the one in the photo there could be stray marks on the numbers. Any other close ups of marks on the shirt?

toddhead
09-07-2007, 07:54 AM
I'll have to do a more extensive comparison tonight when I get home. I never really even thought of photomatching it until I posted it here.

I actually bought it from a collector who purchased it from PSI.

Once I look a little better I will repost.

indyred
09-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Might be worth buying the getty image. If you search around , you can find sellers with access and sell them real cheap. Last time I just had them email me the picture as jpg. Then you can just blow it up on your computer and not lose any resolution and focus on the sports your looking to match. Also, you don't have to pay shipping and can make whatever size, # prints you want.
Does the the other shoulder area have hits marks on it? Did PSI have a deal with Portis and handle his game used jerseys? I know the past couple seasons gameexclusives.com has sold Redskins gamers. I'd email them and see what info they may have on this jersey.

indyred
09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
This jersey has again surfaced on ebay. Isn't the tagging the big issue on this one as well. With game shot just having the one white flag and one being sold as photo match has 2 white tags.

Nathan
09-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the fun world of trying to match shoulder repairs.

The real problem is exactly how much the material stretches over the shoulder pads, significantly skewing how it appears on a picture. I've got a jersey that's got a huge repair through the sleeve stripes that, in order to actually show the match, would have to be pulled over a pair of pads.