PDA

View Full Version : Bat Repair Question

godwulf
09-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I've got a question for experienced/expert bat repair types.

When you're trying to glue together a crack that presents only the tiniest sliver of space, is there some tool or product available with which to sort of neatly inject the glue into that crack?

In the past, I've just kind of let the glue run in as best I could, from a regular Elmer's wood glue bottle, and then spent ten minutes wiping off the excess, but I'm sick of the mess, and thinking there's got to be a better way.

Yankwood
09-08-2007, 11:34 AM
A toothpick.....

Birdbats
09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I put the glue bottle nozzle against the crack and squeeze glue into it... wipe off the excess... then I use a can of compressed air (3M Dust Remover) to force the glue into the crack.

gameused
09-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I've got a question for experienced/expert bat repair types.

When you're trying to glue together a crack that presents only the tiniest sliver of space, is there some tool or product available with which to sort of neatly inject the glue into that crack?

In the past, I've just kind of let the glue run in as best I could, from a regular Elmer's wood glue bottle, and then spent ten minutes wiping off the excess, but I'm sick of the mess, and thinking there's got to be a better way.

I've always used a medical syringe with a 2" thin gauge needle and inject the wood glue deep in the cracked area of the bat.

I like Birdbats idea of using compressed air and will definitely try it along with the syringe next time I want to repair a cracked bat.

Thanks for the tip Birdbats! Bobby

godwulf
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I've always used a medical syringe with a 2" thin gauge needle and inject the wood glue deep in the cracked area of the bat.

This may sound like a silly or naive question, but can you buy syringes without a doctor's prescription?