PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Padres Team Signed Item

kudu
09-09-2007, 10:52 PM
My grandpa bought this recently at an estate sale and he wanted me to ask if anyone here had any expertise on vintage team signed Padres stuff and could give a rough estimate as to how much it should be worth. It is circa 1974. It is a hand made item. Not only is it team signed, it is signed by the managers/coaches, owner, and radio announcers. Autographs looked legit. Also are there any good authenticators out there to get some sort of a COA on the item. Thanks in advance for your help...

Kurt

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb96/quackhead73/Copyofpadres.jpg

chicagoglen
09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I do not have an answer for you but I wanted to say that I think that is a very interesting item. If I was a Padres fan I would love to add that to my collection. Great display item!

Thanks,

Glen

MooseDog
09-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Money wise, I doubt that your grandpa is going to take a trip around the world on the proceeds should he decide to sell, however it is an interesting item. The signatures all look good to me. I spent much of my time in the 1970s getting in-person sigs of baseball players.

Honestly, it's probably not worth paying the $50 or more for a COA. Trust me on this, they are all good. As for value, if I was to price it I'd probably try to get $200-300.

The key signatures you have on there are McCovey (upper right) and a SUPERB early Dave Winfield signature. Neither of those guys is a particularly high $ autograph, but the vintage and the uniqueness of the item certainly make it interesting.

Let me know if you need any help on any of the sigs I think I can read most of them from your pic.

kudu
09-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks Glen and Moneydog for your feedback. Dont forget some of San Diegos baseball icons Randy Jones, Nate Colbert, and Jerry Coleman are on there as well.

kudu
09-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Oops, I mean Moosedog. Sorry about that.