PDA

View Full Version : LV "Flame Tempered" Game Used Bats

NYRangers
09-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I know the hard rule is "Flame Tempered" = store model. Have you ever seen pics of a pro using a bat so labelled? Just curious.

both-teams-played-hard
09-12-2007, 03:14 AM
I remember an article in SCD about 20 years ago saying that some major leaguers had in fact, used "Flame-Tempered" Louisville Sluggers. I'm going by memory, and the exact details are vague.

Yankwood
09-12-2007, 03:46 AM
I once got a cracked bat directly from Kelly Gruber in Toronto that was "Flame Tempered". This is not the norm though.

stlbats
09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I have seen some players use "flame tempered" bats with deep flame markings, but they dont say flame tempered above the LVS logo like the retail bats do.

Jason

ripken8@bellsouth.net

09-15-2007, 03:49 AM
I recall that Dave Miedema documented the use of "Flame Tempered" Louisville Slugger bats, possibly in an old SCD column.

I personally was able to obtain two or three Rod Carew "Flame Tempered" game bats from my Angels contact at the time, and kept at least two of these to this day. Rod signed one to me. I have always been hesitant to mention them to other collectors because I thought that nobody would believe they were real.

Tom Duino

big10champ
09-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Has anyone every photo matched a flame tempered bat used during a game?;)