PDA

View Full Version : Don't ever forget

lund6771
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
it is 9/11 and as the years go by, it seams that the media coverage keeps decreasing...right now there is only 1 show on MSNBC...

throughout the day today I was amazed that noone even mentioned this imporetant day

obviously this isn't related to game used items, but the impact on our lives and to our country should never be forgotten

God Bless!!!!

dcrules01
09-11-2007, 11:16 PM
There was a lot of coverage on the history channel today.Im gonna watch the Msnbc coverage at 1 am..thank god for vacations :)

lund6771
09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
to clarify...i meant that i didn't hear one thing at work today and I probably talk to almost 50 different people a day

both-teams-played-hard
09-12-2007, 02:49 AM
http://img106.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2007/09/12/stpeters7475-47svbpyrk.jpg

metsbats
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
We Will Never Forget

lund6771
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Mets Bats...thats really cool

I think that I would like to get some sort of game-used piece for my collection to symbolize 9/11....I remember when the Yankees went to the WS, I wanted them to win so badly, even though I can't stand them

The tenor who sang the national anthem was incredible..it was such a moving time...i'm sure that even Red Sox fans were pulling for NY then

what do you guys consider the coolest pieces that symbolize 9/11?

lund6771
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
actually it wasn't the national anthem, but it was God Bless America....anyways I remember that feeling like it was yesterday

talk about a moment when it's truely a time for people to stand up collectively and put personal interests aside for what really matters...and then instead you start reading about guys taking bats out to a little league park to scam a few dollars...what a world we live in

metsbats
09-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Why I will never forget.

- My Dad worked for the NY & NJ Port Authority for over 30 years and was on the 72nd Floor when the first bombing occurred in 1993. He had to walk down 72 flights to evacuate. Thankfully he retired early from the Port and was not there during 9-11.

- I worked at Tower 2 on the 9th floor as my first professional job out of school. You always remember your first job and it being at the Trade Center was special.

- My wife worked a couple of times as a Temp for AON on the 98th floor of WTC One during the later 2000 into 2001. When we found out we were expecting our 2nd child due around October 2001 she quit the Temp job around June. My son was born end of October 2001 1 month after 9-11. It make us realized what may have happened if we didn't have our son. She could have been in the 98th floor that day. You always remember a birth of a child but having it occur around the time of the darkest moment of American history made it bittersweet.

- I remember the day of 9-11 as I watched the news and seeing the Towers fall I worried about my friend and fellow collector Andy Fogel who was the Director of EZ Pass at the Port Authority. Thanks to God that he was not in the office that day. Andy and I on many occasions over the years used to meet in the WTC Concourse to exchange and complete memoriabilia deals.

- Kenneth Ledee was the brother of one of my sister best friends. I met Kenny once during a Church OutReach program when his singing group New Creation came to perform at our church. We lost Kenny in 9-11.

David

lund6771
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
David...

Reading your post gave me the chills and is extremely moving

My sister worked at an architectural firm in Mid-town and I'll never forget not being able to get a hold of her that day

camarokids
09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
it is 9/11 and as the years go by, it seams that the media coverage keeps decreasing...right now there is only 1 show on MSNBC...

throughout the day today I was amazed that no one even mentioned this important day

obviously this isn't related to game used items, but the impact on our lives and to our country should never be forgotten

God Bless!!!!

And Osama "Houdini" Bin Laden is still NOT captured, even has his own movie production company (wow) :rolleyes:..... Meanwhile, we're still Iraq and cannot leave without creating a bigger mess......Lots of money being made on the distraction called Iraq....

I wish the media had the balls to ask the hard questions about that tragic day .....What really happened :confused::confused::confused:....

We owe the dead the TRUTH ....... we will most likely never know the truth about all that happened on September 11th ,2001 ....

Now that is tragic...

Never forget there are unanswered questions that need answers ....

jon_8_us
09-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Mets Bats...thats really cool

I think that I would like to get some sort of game-used piece for my collection to symbolize 9/11....I remember when the Yankees went to the WS, I wanted them to win so badly, even though I can't stand them

The tenor who sang the national anthem was incredible..it was such a moving time...i'm sure that even Red Sox fans were pulling for NY then

what do you guys consider the coolest pieces that symbolize 9/11?
I must admit i was rooting for the Yanks then.....
Jon

CollectGU
09-14-2007, 01:28 PM

I wish the media had the balls to ask the hard questions about that tragic day .....What really happened :confused::confused::confused:....

We owe the dead the TRUTH ....... we will most likely never know the truth about all that happened on September 11th ,2001 ....

Now that is tragic...

Never forget there are unanswered questions that need answers ....

I don't want to get in a political debate on a memorabilia forum, but your comments have me curious. We pretty much know everything that happened that day down to the minute , so what are you referring to as the truth?

Regards,
Dave

staindsox
09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Most people don't like to commerate unhappy events and is why it doesn't get press like it used to. Our president also politically milked this topic and since his popularity rating is rather low, I think a lot of people are sick of hearing it over and over again. Most importantly, like it or not, 9/11 will fade until it reaches obscurity. Here is why: dates we forget...

April 12...Our Civil War began on this day in 1861.

June 28...WWI begins in 1914.

Nov 11...The War to End All Wars, ends, in 1918. We still celebrate this day every year and most people don't even know it...it was called Armistice Day, but we call it Veteran's Day now.

Dec 7...more people remember this day than the others, but it also happens to be a very popular Hollywood theme...Pearl Harbor.

Nov 22...JFK was killed in 1963

How about July 20...1969 Moon landing.

Even the 4th of July is even wrong...they completed The Declaration of Independence on July 2nd, not the 4th.

We remember very little outside of what has happened in our lifespan. Our kids and grandkids won't remember because we don't remember our past generations. 9/11 is insignificant compared to the American Revolution or Civil War...most high school kids can't even tell you the difference between the American Revolution or Civil War. We remember because it was significant to us, but it won't mean nearly as much to people who weren't touched by it. We remember, but like it or not, it will continue to fade every year. Don't be too frustrated because it has happened to every single generation.

Chris

camarokids
09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't want to get in a political debate on a memorabilia forum, but your comments have me curious. We pretty much know everything that happened that day down to the minute , so what are you referring to as the truth?

Regards,
Dave

That is why I tried to limit my comments . If you buy into the gov't explanation of the events , then you may "know" what happened and I guess you can move on . But , too many unanswered ????? The steel beams were never inspected , shipped away quickly to be melted in (undisclosed location) . NO one has been convicted for the crime . Payoffs given to family members to not sue (if payoff is accepted) . I just to remind people as well not to forget .

The 9-11 report does NOT even include WTC 7 falling . A building in Spain burned for over 8 hours and is STILL standing . Do some research on the web then think and decide for yourself . The Twin Towers were designed to take a direct hit from an airplane !

It really doesn't matter what someone says , cause no matter what side of the debate your on , the other side will dis-credit you.

5kRunner
09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
For any one who believes the conspiracy theories, I ask you to read this.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

But people will believe what they want to believe.

both-teams-played-hard
09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
That is why I tried to limit my comments . If you buy into the gov't explanation of the events , then you may "know" what happened and I guess you can move on . But , too many unanswered ????? The steel beams were never inspected , shipped away quickly to be melted in (undisclosed location) . NO one has been convicted for the crime . Payoffs given to family members to not sue (if payoff is accepted) . I just to remind people as well not to forget .

The 9-11 report does NOT even include WTC 7 falling . A building in Spain burned for over 8 hours and is STILL standing . Do some research on the web then think and decide for yourself . The Twin Towers were designed to take a direct hit from an airplane !

It really doesn't matter what someone says , cause no matter what side of the debate your on , the other side will dis-credit you.
With all due respect, you sound like chicken little. You're implying that the US government brought down the towers? Research on the web? If its on the internet, that means its true? C'mon brother, We just can't face facts that we got defeated by some crafty bastards, who got lucky. Now this nice little tribute thread must be deleted. Rob, Chris, or Eric-please do the honorable thing.