PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Sig Preference - Front or Back?

godwulf
09-15-2007, 02:45 AM
When there's a name on the back of the jersey, it's kind of a no-brainer...you get the autograph on the back, right?

What if there is only a number on the back...and it's not some famous number associated with that particular player, it's just a number.

What's your preference on which side of the jersey to get signed?

Neely8
09-15-2007, 08:58 AM
If it is a game worn jersey I'd prefer it not signed at all, unless it is somewhere on the inside and not visible.

godwulf
09-15-2007, 11:39 AM
If it is a game worn jersey I'd prefer it not signed at all, unless it is somewhere on the inside and not visible.

Really? I've never heard that opinion expressed, but I'm sure you're not alone.

AstrosCollector
09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
If I had to choose, in the situation where the jersey had no name on the back, and only a number, I would prefer to have the jersey signed on the front.

This question has been brought up a couple times before, and if you run a search for the topic, you should be able to find some good opinions.

Also, if you have a minute, would you mind emailing me godwulf? I just had a question for you!

Thanks!
Andy

B1SON
09-15-2007, 03:09 PM
When there's a name on the back of the jersey, it's kind of a no-brainer...you get the autograph on the back, right?

What if there is only a number on the back...and it's not some famous number associated with that particular player, it's just a number.

What's your preference on which side of the jersey to get signed?

Definitely: name plate = back
no name plate = front

My TB orange crush jersey has the auto on the front number and I am always frustrated displaying it because I can't display both the name plate and the auto.

grandpahoo
09-15-2007, 03:12 PM
For some reason, a lot of people tend to get football jerseys autographed on the back and baseball jerseys autographed on the front. Not sure why.

harpt
09-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I prefer a jersey to have no sig. I want it to be just like it was when they wore it on the field.

PudgePollyMillerFan
09-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Unless you plan on keeping it.....don't get it signed! Most collectors prefer the jerseys "as is" or "as they were last worn" and NOT signed at all......I have turned down countless jerseys because they were signed......but if you are keeping it for you forever....then sign away ....and I would pick the back.

godwulf
09-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Definitely: name plate = back
no name plate = front

That's the way I've always gone, too, and the way I'll likely continue to do it.

I just bought and received a couple of jerseys that Matt Williams wore while managing the AA Mobile BayBears earlier this year, and hope to get Matty to sign them some time soon. They happen to be the two jerseys the team wore with no name on the back - a white vest style and a blue mesh bp/alternate uniform jersey - so that's what got me thinking about it.

big10champ
09-16-2007, 12:46 AM
I always like the auto on the number on the back with the nameplate, except on vintage jerseys, I think the auto looks very classy above the tagging on the front. ;)