PDA

View Full Version : H&B brass sign looking for info on it

jt-bats
09-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I just picked up this brass H&B sign today and was wondering if anyone has seen a sign like this before? I was wondering when it's from and if it is worth anything? It is made of brass and is pretty heavy and the dimensions are 10.5x6.5.

Thanks,
Jeff

5kRunner
09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
No idea on the value. Its a very cool piece though.

It looks as though it would have originally been outside the museum bolted on a gate or door or something. I don't know for sure because I've never been there. Hopefully someone else knows for sure.

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I have 2 of these for two different sports room doors in the house. I bought both on line for about $200.00 each. I once saw someone pay $800.00 for one in an E-bay auction and the person selling it said it was from the bat factory in Louisville and once was displayed on the outside of the building! Not true.
I asked the person where they found the two they were selling and they indicated that a restaurant "chain" (day of the week) were changing their inside decor and the two were purchased at auction.
I would say that $200.00 is about the price. However, I still watch for them and once saw another sell for a little less than $150.00. Hope this helps.

Vintagedeputy
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I would love to have one of those babies!

BMH
09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I've never seen those on our building. If they were they would most likely say 125 instead of BATS. If you all are interested in that sort of thing the annual LS auction hosted by Hunt will feature some of our old burn brand dies for sale. Have no idea on the value, I had some of my workers dig them out of the warehouse for the museum last week.