PDA

View Full Version : ESM mistake on BUCS JERSEY

jake33
09-20-2007, 09:09 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIAN-KELLY-SIGNED-AUTO-GAME-USED-JERSEY-BUCS-ESM-ELITE_W0QQitemZ120161722447QQihZ002QQcategoryZ8682 9QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This jersey was bought 3 years ago from lelands as game issued. I in fact owned this jersey at one point and it is as crisp as can be.

Elite
09-20-2007, 09:21 AM
All four jerseys were purchased at once from a walk in customer a week ago. I was told by seller (who I still have name and telephone #) that these jerseys came from old equipment manager of Bucs who was fired a few years back.

mvandor
09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
All four jerseys were purchased at once from a walk in customer a week ago. I was told by seller (who I still have name and telephone #) that these jerseys came from old equipment manager of Bucs who was fired a few years back.That's two new threads calling into question your game used items. You're a knowledgeable seller and you buy something in off the street with a verbal b.s. story? Like a pawn shop? I would think you'd either know your trade better or require better provenance, or be concerned about your reputation. I also see after being corrected you've kept the auction going.

jake33
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
The old equipment manger? The bucs have had 4-5 different equipment mangers over the last 8-9 years, more than likely not ONE equipment manager would have access to 4 different jerseys from 4 different years...

That buyer bought the Kelly from me about a year ago

Vintagedeputy
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Welcome to Denmark...please excuse the smell.

Vintagedeputy
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Looks like there's some doubt about an ESM offering here on the Collectors Universe site...

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=608945

kylehess10
09-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Looks like there's some doubt about an ESM offering here on the Collectors Universe site...

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=608945

There was nobody doubting the authenticity of the bat in that thread on CU. It was simply some guy who didn't know anything about game used bats and wondered if it was real or not.

Vintagedeputy
09-20-2007, 10:13 PM
There was nobody doubting the authenticity of the bat in that thread on CU. It was simply some guy who didn't know anything about game used bats and wondered if it was real or not.

I wasnt pointing to the original poster's question but more to this response

"ESM is fairly legit. They contract directly with the player to sell their stuff. Basically though, like baseballfanatic said, EVERYTHING they get seems to be called game-used. For example, they have or had a contract to sell Manny Ramirez stuff, and people were getting things with little or no use on it."

Saying that a company is "fairly legit" is not a real ringing endorsement. It casts some doubt.

Jim

jon_8_us
09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
All four jerseys were purchased at once from a walk in customer a week ago. I was told by seller (who I still have name and telephone #) that these jerseys came from old equipment manager of Bucs who was fired a few years back.

What kind of provenance is this?Some guy walks in with some jerseys,says there from and old equipment manager,gets paid and walks out.Then presto a game issued jersey now becomes a game used jersey.Funny how these things work.
Jon