Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jake33
    • Nov 2005

ESM mistake on BUCS JERSEY

This jersey was bought 3 years ago from lelands as game issued. I in fact owned this jersey at one point and it is as crisp as can be.
  • Elite
    • Jul 2006

Re: ESM mistake on BUCS JERSEY

All four jerseys were purchased at once from a walk in customer a week ago. I was told by seller (who I still have name and telephone #) that these jerseys came from old equipment manager of Bucs who was fired a few years back.

Comment

• mvandor
      Banned
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Elite
      All four jerseys were purchased at once from a walk in customer a week ago. I was told by seller (who I still have name and telephone #) that these jerseys came from old equipment manager of Bucs who was fired a few years back.
      That's two new threads calling into question your game used items. You're a knowledgeable seller and you buy something in off the street with a verbal b.s. story? Like a pawn shop? I would think you'd either know your trade better or require better provenance, or be concerned about your reputation. I also see after being corrected you've kept the auction going.

Comment

• jake33
        • Nov 2005

The old equipment manger? The bucs have had 4-5 different equipment mangers over the last 8-9 years, more than likely not ONE equipment manager would have access to 4 different jerseys from 4 different years...

That buyer bought the Kelly from me about a year ago

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

Welcome to Denmark...please excuse the smell.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

Looks like there's some doubt about an ESM offering here on the Collectors Universe site...

Hello Everyone, Does anyone know anything about this seller? Seems credible to me, but I have never purchased a game used anything before.

Comment

• kylehess10
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
              Looks like there's some doubt about an ESM offering here on the Collectors Universe site...

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=608945

There was nobody doubting the authenticity of the bat in that thread on CU. It was simply some guy who didn't know anything about game used bats and wondered if it was real or not.
              kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
              http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kylehess10
                There was nobody doubting the authenticity of the bat in that thread on CU. It was simply some guy who didn't know anything about game used bats and wondered if it was real or not.

I wasnt pointing to the original poster's question but more to this response

"ESM is fairly legit. They contract directly with the player to sell their stuff. Basically though, like baseballfanatic said, EVERYTHING they get seems to be called game-used. For example, they have or had a contract to sell Manny Ramirez stuff, and people were getting things with little or no use on it."

Saying that a company is "fairly legit" is not a real ringing endorsement. It casts some doubt.

Jim

Comment

• jon_8_us
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Elite
                  What kind of provenance is this?Some guy walks in with some jerseys,says there from and old equipment manager,gets paid and walks out.Then presto a game issued jersey now becomes a game used jersey.Funny how these things work.
                  Jon
                  Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

Working...