PDA

View Full Version : Gone for a few days to RFK!

Vintagedeputy
09-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Leaving today to go to RFK for the final game there, Nats vs. Phils. I plan to meet up with Andrew (allstarsplus) and hopefully score some great autos.

Word is, everything in the team store is 50% off so maybe I can score a new bat...

See ya!

Jim

fridgefan
09-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The team store doesn't discount game-used equipment, just souvenirs.

BaseballGM
09-21-2007, 12:25 PM
If you spot an extra ticket stub (from a season ticket holder) I'd be very interested in working out a deal. Thanks.

Vintagedeputy
09-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Well , we're back and what a fantastic time!

Met up with Andrew and let me say what a true gentleman of the hobby he is. I felt like royalty! Thank you Andrew for making this Nats game extra special!

Many old Senators were there for the final RFK game festivities. It was hard for me to recognize who most of them were except for the tall gentlemen seated in the corner of the room. He had HUGE hands. It was none other than the Capital Punisher, Frank Howard. I walked over to him and asked for an auto and he was so nice. I offered him a black pen but he asked his assistant for a blue one instead because he liked the way the ink looked and I couldnt agree more. He gave me a perfect signature and added 1960 NL ROY without me even asking. I had seen him a few years ago at a card show and had gotten a photo signed then. What a special treat!

My daughter had a crying fit for 30 minutes and I thought our day would be ruined but she stopped in time to enjoy the game. The Nats pulled out a win and then did a post game ceremony where they held a lottery and gave away the uniform shirts off their backs. Of course I didnt win but I gave my name and number to at least 4 of the winners in case they ever decided to sell. A young teenage girl won Felipe Lopez's jersey and she seemed downright threatened and freaked out by the fact that I offered to buy the jersey from her.

After the game, the Nats made all their rookies wear costumes and then come to the gate to sign autos. We got some autos of Joel Hanrahan in his stylish diaper and bonnet and of course Justin Maxwell in a dragonfly costume with wings. I tried to get Jesus Flores' auto but he only signed about 4 and then left before we could get to him.

All in all, a great day.

Jim

Vintagedeputy
09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Baseball GM - I might be willing to part with one of mine. Email me at deputy7621@aol.com and we can discuss it.

allstarsplus
09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Jim & his family are what make the hobby great. It is like the Mastercard commercial---PRICELESS (w/ big smiles).

Watching Ryan Zimmerman get announced on to the field with Frank Howard was a huge highlight.

Jim's son Ryan has a standing invitation for early entry into the new stadium for 2008 to personally meet Ryan Zimmerman!

My 4 year old son who will have photographic evidence that he was there!

Vintagedeputy
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Andrew - thank you so much - you are a king among kings!

BaseballGM
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Baseball GM - I might be willing to part with one of mine. Email me at deputy7621@aol.com and we can discuss it.

Done. Thanks.

island_style
09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
I echo the sentiments about Jim. I just received a game used bat from him, and he even included a signed card of a player that I collect! I've acquired items from several forum members, and Jim ranks right up there as one of the Finest in the Field!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Vintagedeputy
09-25-2007, 06:05 AM
You are very kind Ron - it was my pleasure!