Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cardinarky
    • Nov 2005

Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

This can't be real, based on the label and the knob stamping, can it? Am I messed up on what I have learned from these websites in the past year?
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Roberto Clemente Game Used Autographed Bat? Is This Real?

Hi
    I went to that page and that looks no way like a game used bat. I dont know but to me it looks like a store model.

Comment

• Eric
      • Jan 1970

Originally posted by yanks12025
      Hi
      I went to that page and that looks no way like a game used bat. I dont know but to me it looks like a store model.
      What is your proof of this? Please help educate people- why does it look to you like it's a store model?
      Eric
      Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• ghostkid
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Eric
        What is your proof of this? Please help educate people- why does it look to you like it's a store model?
        Eric
        I see several things about this bat that tell me its not a professional model Clemente bat. For starters, the RC2 on the knob is a clear indiication this is a store model bat. As far as I am aware, any H/B bat with a player's initials (RC) followed by an inch designation (3) defines the bat as a store model. Next, the Slugger II model was a store model bat. A real Clemente game used bat would be a model 125. I'm sure there are several other factors that could be discussed, but these two jump out of the page at me upon first glance.

Kevin

Comment

• sammy
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

It is a store model for the following reasons.

!) Foil stamped

2) RC2 means a Roberto Clemente 32" bat

3) A pro bat would be a 125 model.

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

Hi
            If you read the Letter Authenticity on the page it says nothin of it being game used by him.

Comment

• MSpecht
              • Oct 2005

In addition to the correct points made above , all H & B documentation indicates that Clemente ordered bats from 34.5 to 36.5 inches in length during his career. This is a moot point, however, as this is clearly not a professional model bat. The LOA is for the autograph on the bat, not for the bat being a professional model game used bat.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike

Comment

• icollectDCsports
                • Nov 2005

Seems like I've seen a number of instances where a seller claims that an autographed item is game used, and offers a COA, but the COA only speaks to the auto, not the issue off game use. But the seller doesn't make the distinction when saying the item comes with a COA. Got to be carefull. Of course, not that COAs of game use are the end all and be all anyway.

Comment

• ghostkid
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by yanks12025
                  Hi
                  If you read the Letter Authenticity on the page it says nothin of it being game used by him.
                  Okay, I checked the auction description and see that the seller calls this an autographed "game bat", not a game used bat. I'm confused by this terminology. I understand the terminology "professional model bat", but I sure would like some clarification on the meaning of a "game bat". Is this just a fancy way for a seller to subtly suggest a bat is a professional model gamer when it really is not? Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Kevin

Comment

Working...