PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Warmup With Odd Tagging

hblakewolf
09-21-2007, 08:41 PM
What in the world is this patch sewn above the standard tagging in the collar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lakers-Game-WORN-USED-Warm-up-Van-Exel-Vintage-jacket_W0QQitemZ190154864879QQihZ009QQcategoryZ501 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a new one to me!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

LEGEND33
09-21-2007, 11:17 PM
it is not sewn on.
It has the seller ebay nickname, just post to the jacket only to recognize his pictures.

both-teams-played-hard
09-21-2007, 11:33 PM
it is not sewn on.
It has the seller ebay nickname, just post to the jacket only to recognize his pictures.
Oh, so it's just a poor man's watermark? Clever, I guess. May confuse some potential customers.

sportscentury
09-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh, so it's just a poor man's watermark? Clever, I guess. May confuse some potential customers.

I would think so ... this can only hurt his auction as his "watermark" makes it look like there is something wrong with the jacket upon first glance. An odd (and not too sensible) approach to marking one's photos.

Jaisom2006
09-24-2007, 06:52 AM
I think it a good idea of putting your Name on your item. It's easy to steal untagged picture and just watermark it with your name. How would a potential buyer know you actually have a certain item even if you have your name on it watermarked. With that patch or just a piece of paper with your Name/ID written on it mixed in the picture, the buyer can see that its your item and the picture is not stolen. Just my opinion.:)

both-teams-played-hard
09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it a good idea of putting your Name on your item. It's easy to steal untagged picture and just watermark it with your name. How would a potential buyer know you actually have a certain item even if you have your name on it watermarked. With that patch or just a piece of paper with your Name/ID written on it mixed in the picture, the buyer can see that its your item and the picture is not stolen. Just my opinion.:)
I agree with your point, but a dishonest person will be dishonest, regardless. The patch "marking" this Van Smack jersey confuses people. That's why this thread started. Photoshop will help to add watermarks, remove patches, etc. Photoshop can clean more carpets than Billy Mays. I only see the justification of a watermark when selling an original photo.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2781/nickvanexel1hp2gi3.jpg

Jaisom2006
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I agree with your point, but a dishonest person will be dishonest, regardless. The patch "marking" this Van Smack jersey confuses people. That's why this thread started. Photoshop will help to add watermarks, remove patches, etc. Photoshop can clean more carpets than Billy Mays. I only see the justification of a watermark when selling an original photo.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2781/nickvanexel1hp2gi3.jpg
Nice photoshop. Ya, you're right. A dishonest person will always find a way to do things shady.

Jaisom2006
09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
BTW, what are those dark stains around the colar:D

both-teams-played-hard
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
BTW, what are those dark stains around the colar:D
This was my :30 second photoshop. Someone with more time and is better at photoshop could make this image seamless. I have 100s of photos on my website with NO watermarks. Someone could easily steal my photos and try to sell the jerseys pictured. If I had to add watermarks...then, the terrorists win!