PDA

View Full Version : What if??....

kylehess10
09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Let's say you come home from a long day of work/school and you see that your wife/girlfriend has thrown away or sold ALL of your game used memorabilia. What would you do??

skyking26
09-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Been married 11 years and been with her 15 years. She knows very well how much my stuff means to me. Back in the day she attended signings with me before the kids came along and still does on occasion. I just can't bring myself to invision her committing such an act, can't fathom it...

whatupyos
09-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Thats a horrible thought Kyle. Thats why a pre nup isnt a bad idea!!

B1SON
09-26-2007, 10:40 PM
I'd throw her out with my stuff! ;)

Yankwood
09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Let's say you come home from a long day of work/school and you see that your wife/girlfriend has thrown away or sold ALL of your game used memorabilia. What would you do??I would sit down with her and ask her what has troubled her so. I would be very understanding of her thoughts. I would then ask if there was anything I could do to help us get our emotions on the same page. I would be very understanding and a very good listener. I would try to get in touch with my feminine side and see if there was something I was neglecting or if maybe I wasn't respecting her as a human being. I would then take all these things into account and then.......MUSTER UP ALL THE STRENGTH I HAD AND LET HER HAVE THE MOST FEROCIOUS EFFIN' PUNCH RIGHT IN THE JAW!!! ...The next morning, if and when she woke up I would ask her where the money is. If she didn't come up with what I thought was a reasonable amount I would take her by the throat and choke the s*** out of her. But that's me. You might have another way to handle it.

OaklandAsFan
09-26-2007, 11:02 PM
What if nothing this DID happen to me. I moved out and locked all my memorabilia in a closet upstairs as I didn't have anywhere to put it yet. One day I went to the house to see my kids and went upstairs to look at my stuff and the closet was totally and completely empty. over 100 game used bats, 200+ autographed baseballs (alot of them game used from Oakland) game used hats, game used jerseys, game used batting gloves, game used cleats and a game used batting helmet. All of my autographed cards that I have gotten over the course of the years plus all my game used cards and autographed cards that I have pulled from packs over the years.
After almost a year of back and forth arguing her because "its half hers" me and my mother (there was a bunch of her stuff in there as well like 30 of those Playoff 8X10 frames from 2002 among other things) we offered her $25,000 IF it was all there. I FINALLY got the chance to go through all the stuff and several of the bats were gone. ALL of the autographed baseballs are gone. all my cleats were gone, all the hats, the batting helmet and most of the batting gloves are all gone. Worst of all is that I had several bats for the kids that I got from the players for their birthdays and I had a game used underarmour shirt from Barry Zito that was signed to my son for his first birthday and all of that was gone too. Most of my autographed bobbleheads were gone as well. I was devastated, the only thing that makes me happy is knowing that she cost herself $25000 because of her childish games and I got the rest of it back for 6 grand.

34swtns
09-27-2007, 06:08 AM
The authorities would search for weeks but the body would never be found. Sure, I'm the prime suspect, but I've always wanted to see Mexico. :p

metsbats
09-27-2007, 06:10 AM
If she sold it i'd find out who brought it and hire OJ to retrieve it for me.

David

3arod13
09-27-2007, 06:13 AM
I would sit down with her and ask her what has troubled her so. I would be very understanding of her thoughts. I would then ask if there was anything I could do to help us get our emotions on the same page. I would be very understanding and a very good listener. I would try to get in touch with my feminine side and see if there was something I was neglecting or if maybe I wasn't respecting her as a human being. I would then take all these things into account and then.......MUSTER UP ALL THE STRENGTH I HAD AND LET HER HAVE THE MOST FEROCIOUS EFFIN' PUNCH RIGHT IN THE JAW!!! ...The next morning, if and when she woke up I would ask her where the money is. If she didn't come up with what I thought was a reasonable amount I would take her by the throat and choke the s*** out of her. But that's me. You might have another way to handle it.

Wow! Here's a good number for you: 1-800-I have issues (lol)

bigtime59
09-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Kyle:
I keep tellin' ya: TRADE HER IN!
You're too young, boy!
The fact that you're even bringing this up as a hypothetical indicates you're worried about it, and that ain't good!

(And if my wife did that to me, I'd hold the dogs hostage until everything came back!) :D

zonker
09-27-2007, 09:55 AM
this stuff is funny.!!! glad to see so many passionate collector's out there! if it were me i'd do all her friend's that mean so much to her. so she would know how it feel's! and wouldn't ever do it again atleast with the next guy! http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Swoboda4
09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Kyle......Ahh Kyle..Hello.....? Anyone heard from Kyle lately?

bigtruck260
09-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Mary Kay, Longaberger, Pampered F------ Cef, Home Interiors, Country Living and any other waste of time that has taken up a Friday night and thousands of dollars would be piled up in the back yard...and a magnificent pyre would light up the midwestern sky. I don't normally think of cat as a delicacy, but on that glorious night - cashew cat in demi-glaze roasted by cedar woven limited edition baskets. She knows better.:mad:

BoneRubbedBat
09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Kyle......Ahh Kyle..Hello.....? Anyone heard from Kyle lately?

Maybe we need to get bail money together.

godwulf
09-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Not to worry. She could never move 670+ bats in a single day, let alone all the other stuff.

Swoboda4
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
It's not the baby's momma I'm worried about.

Tedw9
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
This is one thing I would not have to worry about, my wife is a sports nut like me and even collects some. She knows how much my collection means to me.

But to answer the question, if you have seen the movie Stephen King movie "Secret Window" you will know what I mean when I say, I would be eating the corn. :D

metsbats
09-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Maybe we need to get bail money together.

this is not a good sign.

PudgePollyMillerFan
09-27-2007, 09:07 PM
The 3 "S's" would take effect.................

Shoot
Shovel
Shutup

kylehess10
09-27-2007, 09:11 PM
OK OK GUYS I'M HERE NOW!! lol I love the O.J. picture.

Kyle:
I keep tellin' ya: TRADE HER IN!
You're too young, boy!
The fact that you're even bringing this up as a hypothetical indicates you're worried about it, and that ain't good!

Wellll the point of this post really isn't becuase of her, but she's still mad at me for not selling everything. When she first went into my new room in my basement a few weeks ago the first thing she does is walk up to my Brian Jordan game worn jersey and chokes it and says "NOW WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT ALL THIS BASEBALL CRAP"........lol I love how she refers all of my game used memorabilia as "baseball crap". My other friends usually call it my "used baseball sh!t" :D

dcrules01
09-27-2007, 09:11 PM
My wife is always confused why I buy the items I buy.But when I set up our bedroom aka my Mets shrine she said it looked pretty cool.She has been by my side recently consoling me because the Mets have been struggling.

That OJ Kyle picture is to much :D

Kyle if she loves you she will love everything about you even your game sports items.If that is a problem give her the heave ho.Afterall you were on tv so you are kind of a celebrity ;)

metsbats
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
OK OK GUYS I'M HERE NOW!! lol I love the O.J. picture.

Wellll the point of this post really isn't becuase of her, but she's still mad at me for not selling everything. When she first went into my new room in my basement a few weeks ago the first thing she does is walk up to my Brian Jordan game worn jersey and chokes it and says "NOW WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT ALL THIS BASEBALL CRAP"........lol I love how she refers all of my game used memorabilia as "baseball crap". My other friends usually call it my "used baseball sh!t" :D

Kyle,

It all comes down to balance. Marriage and relationships are give and take. I tell my wife this all the time "Our marriage is give and take. I give and you take" ;) But seriously the reason that my wife accepts my hobby and all the baseball crap i have is that I try to balance my hobby wants with her wants and family wants. If your better half thinks you are not spending enough time or money on her and thinks it all goes more towards your collection than this may be the root of her feelings towards your collection. Perhaps she feels neglected.

If you have not been neglecting her and have been spending time and money on her then forget about what i just told you and add one of these t-shirts to your fine collection!

David

stlbats
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Kyle,
Looks like you are gonna have to decide between her and your stuff. If you get married you will never hear the end of it when you buy something. Women are much easier to find than some GU baseball items.

Jason

kylehess10
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Kyle,
Looks like you are gonna have to decide between her and your stuff. If you get married you will never hear the end of it when you buy something. Women are much easier to find than some GU baseball items.

Jason

Well I told her that I'd maybe sell a TINY bit of my collection when it comes to kids in the future, but THAT'S IT

3arod13
09-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Let's say you come home from a long day of work/school and you see that your wife/girlfriend has thrown away or sold ALL of your game used memorabilia. What would you do??

Kyle, you are asking and experiencing the most difficult question for all men when coming to relationships with women. We are on two different planets (Man Are from Mars Woman Are from Venus (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu6wp.vxGNScBu_1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1aWZyMmw yBHNlYwNvdi10b3AEY29sbwNlBHZ0aWQDSDAxM18xOTQEcG9zA zE-/SIG=1heugab29/EXP=1191070633/**http%3a//rc10.overture.com/d/sr/%3fxargs=15KPjg181SlJamwr%252DidbTLS%252DWBx1saxca 588NnB5h6H9Rf5iMxXOZ%252Db6bCks1xRPo2swPRzfWd%255F qEUL%255FHzn%255F%252DIEQuMQlaJGfWugoHAh7w%252DMRe Xbo5KhrIvxe3snoLmDU8YImO3f9Koz6%255FBI9P5KQ0TvYICy Ryd%252DPZsw82zzfFPQbfaxSwnuRiMN8pW4KIu9L%252DyL5I ITbRTfNjrmiaAIc9Ny4xFoM2lPyUWWyij528LqUzfKTd7v6jTf osLp7LxjN7MZLW%255Fw4ROy3Sjyakytg7LmDze2cw2aD%255F BmfQGzQ9aXfqpbWeI1ht%252D6vseuLBjGsYfjpyaeNqIUnyjW V3uTBRolpMdCWXic2w89E%255FQftwXKZbxlXu%252DAbKQXGQ qakVQt961Lpdcoz7xjTdsDWSaRp3B6SJIE9Jf%26yargs=www. Keen.com)).

As someone stated earlier, it is a give and take relationship. Men give...women take (lol). And sometimes, it's never enough.

If you care about her enough, you will find a way to make it work. Now, if she's very aggressive and isn't willing to meet you have way, then you have a problem.

My wife doesn't understand me collecting all this stuff at 47 years old, however, when I sell something and buy something she wants for the house, she all of a sudden understands. But it's not long after, she's back to that mindset, so I buy her something agian and it gives me more time and room to enjoy my stuff.

Well, that's how it works for me. You just have to find a way to make it work for you.

I can tell you this...if she's not happy...you won't be happy. That's just the way it is.

Good luck! Tony

bigtime59
09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Kyle:
Remember this number. I'm writing it big in order to be helpful:

That's how old I was when I met my wife. She's the first, and likely the only, one I'm going to have.
Now, remeber this phrase. I'm writing it big in order to be helpful:

WILD OATS.

You spend the time between now and 35 sowing these...preferrably into a reservoir tip.

Please print this out...and keep it somewhere safe.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Nathan
09-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Kyle,

The memorabilia that you buy is a liquid asset. Should you fall on hard times financially at some point down the road, it can be sold for ready cash. Other things, like makeup, meals at fancy restaurants, prom/homecoming expenses, can not be sold at a later date for anything.

Just remind her that you're making sport-based investments and looking out for your financial future. If she rejects that notion, then chances are that she may also reject another liquid asset called "gold jewelry".;)