PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays tagging question

staindsox
09-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Can anyone comment on this jersey? I have no idea what manufacturer or tagging the Jays used at this time. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.

Chris

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/divethetrench/jacket006.jpg

staindsox
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
And did they recycle Major League jerseys down to the minors? Thanks.

Chris

ahuff
09-29-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.royalsampler.com/jays/Blue_Jays_Reference.pdf

Here is a link that someone posted a while ago. Perhaps this will help.

cjw
09-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Jersey looks good. The Jays have used the basic year only tagging in the collar over the years for "extra" jerseys. These would be for Triple AAA in-season or Sept. call ups and for players possibley traded right into a road series. They could stitch the name on, and the player is ready for the bench if not the field. I have had many 1991-2005 Jays gamers and a few from the early 1980's , but never a 1990 season gamer. I haven't seen many Wilson jerseys with the tagging on the tail (the years I have had almost always had the size tagging in the collar), but this is not a problem. Not sure about recycling to the minors however...could easily have been done. I am interested in the name on the back...who is it?

chris

kingjammy24
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
chris (staindsox),

the jersey looks good in terms of being a legit game-issued/game-worn shirt. as has been mentioned, it's tagged as a spare. no big deal really. depending on the specific circumstances and player, in some cases you'd actually want/expect to see it tagged as a spare.

to my knowledge, the jays did not recycle their jerseys down to the minors during those years. (late 80s-mid 90s). you can see differences in the jerseys worn by the minor league teams. eg: no names on the back or their road jerseys wouldn't say "toronto" the way the major league club's jerseys did. they had grey road jerseys that said "blue jays" on the front. the major league club never had those.

in 1990, the jerseys had the Wilson tags sewn on the tail. if i was looking for a 1990 jays gamer, i'd definitely want to see the tagging sewn on the tail. for other years, i'd want to see it on the collar. 1990 was an exception.

from what i remember, the jersey in your photo is chris weinke.

rudy.