PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia "1998" Hoffman Jersey

hblakewolf
10-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Currently in the American Memorabila auction is a home white Padres knit attributed to Trevor Hoffman.
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=38599

It is described as "The only man to notch over 500 saves wore this size "50" jersey in the late '90s or the early portion of this decade"

Note how the exterior of the collar has the small MLB logo, a practice started in 2000, not "in the late 90's"

The authentication is attributed to AMI's own 100% Authentic Team.

FYI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

BaseballGM
10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
It looks like the description now says it could have been worn in the late nineties or early 2000's. That narrows it down to about ten years.:eek:

hblakewolf
10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
It looks like the description now says it could have been worn in the late nineties or early 2000's. That narrows it down to about ten years.:eek:

The lot, as described by AMI, reads:
Lot 104: 1998-2003 Trevor Hoffman Game-Worn Padres Jersey

How can it be from 1998 or 1999, when the MLB logo on the exterior of the collar was first worn in 2000?

Vic, Kieta, Lou Lampson, or any member of the AMI 100% Authentic Team care to address?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
I alerted them to this oversight in the write-up and they are going to correct.

Regards,
Dave

Eric
10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Dave

Thanks for passing that along. What's the best way to contact them directly for stuff like this (via email). I can't seem to get any of them to respond to me.

Best,
Eric

CollectGU
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Eric,

The best thing to do is call Tony there directly on the phone.

Regards,
Dave

sportscentury
10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Dave,

Thanks for all of the effort that put in to trying to correct issues with AMI items. It's truly helpful. I do have a question, though. Why is it that so many GUU members have had trouble getting Tony and Victor to respond to them when they have had questions about the authenticity of AMI items and accuracy of "100% Authentic" LOAs? I understand why they would not respond to certain people who have had substantial problems with them in the past, but this seems like a much more pervasive pattern of non-responding, which cannot possibly be good for business ... can it?

Again, thanks for all of your good work.
Reid

CollectGU
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Reid,

They are skeptical of answerng questions via e-mail from non registered bidders (i don't know why). But, if you call their office, and ask for Tony he will do his best answer any questions you have or look into any concerns you have. I would suggest calling as opposed to e-mailing..

Regards,
Dave

hblakewolf
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Email? Forget about it! I hear it's just a passing fad! Long live the telephone, fax machines and the pagers!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

zonker
10-02-2007, 04:39 PM
howard could you plese contact me about a sensitive matter of opinion mcfresonke@hotmail.com thank's

sportscentury
10-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Reid,

They are skeptical of answerng questions via e-mail from non registered bidders (i don't know why). But, if you call their office, and ask for Tony he will do his best answer any questions you have or look into any concerns you have. I would suggest calling as opposed to e-mailing..

Regards,
Dave

Dave,

Thanks. Personally, my experiences with Tony, via both email and phone, have been beyond horrible, but I hope your suggestion will help others to have some success. Thanks for your prompt response.

Reid

bagbig
10-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Are there authenticity questions regarding this jersey??

CollectGU
10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
No, just the wrong time frame it was worn in the write up...