PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when they will announce ROY's

richpick
10-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows when MLB will announce the National League Rookie of the Year? I have a bet with a friend. He took Tulowiski and I took Braun. I think I will owe him a steak dinner but Offense trumps Defense.

Richard

harpt
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately for Braun fans (of which I am one), Tulowitzki has a ton of offense too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Braun, but will not be suprised either way.

bigtruck260
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
What about Brendan Ryan?:mad: :D

allstarsplus
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
If Ryan Braun doesn't win the ROY, you have to wonder. He started the year in the Minors so he appeared in 113 games and his numbers would be historic based on a 162 games. He had no previous MLB experience.

Take his .324 average with 34 Home Runs and 97 RBIs and interpolate that out for a 162 game season and you have 49 HRs and 139 RBIs which are combined record setters. Of course that only matters for comparative purposes.

Compare him to Mr. Troy Tulowitzki who got to play Major League ball in 2006 and a full season this year. Tulowitzki's #'s are great too with 99 RBIs and a .291 average and 24 HRs.

The Brewers stayed in the Playoff chase till the end like the Rockies and both players were major parts of their teams success, and both players were flanked by an MVP candidate in Prince Fielder (Brewers) and Matt Holliday (Rockies).

While the Rockies had Tulowitzki, Holliday, Hawpe and Helton in their lineup, and a team .282 batting average which is quite a lineup compared to the Brewers at .262 team batting average.

Tulowitzki would be considered a better asset as a fielder, but is that a big enough difference for the ROY?

I won't even bring up the intangibles of playing 81 home games in Colorado with that thin air!

Andrew