PDA

View Full Version : What can I do with this package of Sharpies?

bigtruck260
10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
If I were this particular seller, I would dirty up a few gloves and write numbers on them to make it look like they are MLB game used. Aside from this auction, you can get some great deals on Albert Pujols batting gloves, Robin Yount hats, etc. If I am wrong, correct me, and I'll apologize...

Derek Lee Game Used cleats
LOA states "random Cubs player"

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-LEE-GAME-USED-NIKE-PRO-SHOX-CLEATS-CUBS-COA_W0QQitemZ110176449523QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50117Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LWMM
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
He has the same COA listed for a couple of his auctions---it says "Cub suitcase with various Cub equipment". Probably just a sample of the appropriate COA that will come.

bigtruck260
10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks like he has a legit Ripken gamer mixed in with it too...I wonder sometimes what buyers think about when they are bidding on a potential high dollar item - and they have the high bid for a week at $.99. I wish I could email them, but eBay will nab me for "transaction interference" - can you beleive that? It's happened before unfortunately.

5kRunner
10-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I saw those, and thought about bidding.

My first question is: Why would a Cubs player wear black cleats? I know they have some blue on them, but I've never seen Lee were anything but blue cleats (sometimes with a little red) with the Cubs. And, I haven't been able to locate a pic of Lee wearing these cleats.

The only pic I can find of him wearing "shox" cleats is in the WBC. But the pic is from the back and its hard to tell if the cleats are navy or black.

And check this out. Not only did he get one Aramis Ramirez game used hat in his suitcase, but he got two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARAMIS-RAMIREZ-GAME-USED-CUB-NEW-ERA-PRO-HATS-HOME-ROAD_W0QQitemZ110176444425QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50117 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ulwashingtonstoothpick
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I think this guy sold some Cubs helmets too a little while back that were supposedly used by guys like Sosa and Sandberg and maybe Grace. Something about them just didn't seem right. Maybe it's because all he had were stars helmets, and that while the helmets shows decent use, the numbers looked like they were applied the same day they went on eBay. Perhaps Rob S. could offer another opinion on this seller and his gear.

B1SON
10-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Looks like he has a legit Ripken gamer mixed in with it too...I wonder sometimes what buyers think about when they are bidding on a potential high dollar item - and they have the high bid for a week at $.99. I wish I could email them, but eBay will nab me for "transaction interference" - can you beleive that? It's happened before unfortunately.

The system is set up to make money and Ebay MAKES MONEY on fake item sales. So, while they say they don't support it, they really don't mind.

bigtruck260
10-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Just seems like they have been setting themselves up for litigation for a while now. I mean, they were named in the Operation Bullpen case. At any rate, it is impossible to remove all of the fakes out there - BUT they could invest some time in a Wiki type system that allows certain approved members to remove items that are fraud based. If you have 100 guys (and gals) randomly searching for different items that they have expertise in...they could get rid of the obviously questionable ones, and give sellers opportunities to answer pointed questions regarding things like labeling or tagging for borderline items before giving them the boot.

Things are way out of control right now...but I am just harping on things that everyone already knows.