PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds Game Used Bat

gamebatsports
10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150166593083&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005

stlbats
10-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I didnt realize that Bonds used that much tar, but the bat seems legit. Could have been used by another player?? The huge knob and tape seem to be similiar to Barrys SAM bats.

Might go for a decent price.

Jason

BMH
10-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Everything looks real about that bat...except I don't remember making it :) I'm not saying it isn't, that does look like one of my workers branding but we always made his bats exactly like the SAM. Hornsby handle/ Black barrel, we even did a flat bottom cup like SAM for Barry. I'll have to check when I get back to work Monday.

Vintagedeputy
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Everything looks real about that bat...except I don't remember making it :) I'm not saying it isn't, that does look like one of my workers branding but we always made his bats exactly like the SAM. Hornsby handle/ Black barrel, we even did a flat bottom cup like SAM for Barry. I'll have to check when I get back to work Monday.

BMH - is there some specific trait that each brander has? If so, I have a question about a particular 1977-79 LS bat that perhaps you could help me with?

Jim

BMH
10-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't be able to help you on that type of question. I don't even know who was working in the factory then...I was 4-6yrs old at that time;)

The only reason I know is because it irritates the hell out of me every time he brands something like that bat. If you look at the bottom line of the end brand it curves inward some. That's because John can never set up the brands properly.