PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV question photo match

cigarman44
10-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I believe I have photo matched my Ankiel bat I just purchased to his 7 rbi, 2 home run game on Sept 6. The bat was broken 2 games later in Arizona in which the seller lived. Is there a way to save freeze frame shots from MLB archived videos? Thanks

indyred
10-07-2007, 12:12 AM
I just paused the the game and tried to catch the best still shot and took a picture of my computer screen. A few people have done it, check some photo-matching threads. I wish I could record these playoff games or other games in HD. You could get some great photo matches on bats from these games. You can see every ball mark on the bats on some camera shots in HD....I hope some people have been recording these playoff games in HD format. Will come in handy.

cigarman44
10-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks. I tried that but can't get them to come out right. I'll keep working on it though. Gotta get the right light. Kinda thought I overpaid a little for the bat but feel pretty good now considering it was his career high in rbi's for one game, plus 2 homerun bat! Will go good with my grand slam game used base from 8/31.

bigtruck260
10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I think I passed on that bat. It looked good - but I wasn't in the mood for a gamble. Jeff Scott might be able to help you - I have never met a guy who TiVo's more...

If you have that actual bat, I think you got it for the right price (granted, we are talking about the same bat)...Carolina Clubs, tape, etc?

cigarman44
10-07-2007, 09:29 AM
No, This is a Rawings Big Sick you can see on my site in the Rick Ankiel link. I paid 200 for the Rawlings. I did win the Carolina Clubs that was just on ebay. Rick to my knowledge never used this during his time with the St Louis Cardinals but I have pics of him using a Carolina Clubs bat in Spring Training. It is possibly from then.

Joe