What's the best way to store and display a GU Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigjimsguitars
    • Sep 2007

What's the best way to store and display a GU Jersey?

I know it sounds corny, especially since I've collected on and off for about 20 years, but I don't know the best way to store or display my GU Jersey's, Hat's, etc.

The hat's I have either are in special Plexiglas display cases or in Ziploc bag's. Now I would think that is fine. Same is true for the batting gloves I have acquired.

I guess the real question I'm posing is what about Jersey's? Is it safe to hang them on Good Wood Hangers, or should it be thick plastic one's? I store them in Black Garment Bags when not on display and when they are displayed they are covered in plastic (like what Dry Cleaners use).

I don't like the idea of framing them as I just don't have enough space to hang them although I may do that to a few of them, but I like the idea of being able to see both sides of the jersey.

Am I okay the way I'm doing it right now?

Geez, I feel sorta naive and dumb for even having to ask.

Bat's are easy as I just put them in tubes or display cases and off we go.

It would be great if someone made a jersey display case that was two sided and accepted a hanger so it wouldn't need to be pinned or such.
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys
  • 05whitesox
    • Sep 2007

Re: What's the best way to store and display a GU Jersey?

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

go to this website well this is kyles website you probably know him he has a way to display everything so check out his site.

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by 05whitesox
      http://www.freewebs.com/gameused
      go to this website well this is kyles website you probably know him he has a way to display everything so check out his site.
      Nice site, but it doesn't talk about how to care for or display...

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
        • Sep 2007

Okay, I see that he does talk a bit in the how to make a case section, but never addresses if it's okay to use wooden hangers....

Comment

• 05whitesox
          • Sep 2007

it does i forgot to tell you to go to the title up top that says make a nice display case and it'll show you

Comment

Working...