PDA

View Full Version : Ami's 100% Authentic Team

hblakewolf
10-10-2007, 06:50 AM
The most recent October American Memorabila Auction catalog does not list Ron Fukushima as part of the 100% Authentic team, any longer.

This leaves Lou Lampson, "considered...as the foremost authority and analyst in the field" as the sole equipment authenticator, with assistance from Chuck Cirelli and Willy Steinmiller.

Why the change?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

allstarsplus
10-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Ron Fukushima

Howard Wolf

Howard - I am not an expert on the spelling of Ron's name, but quite possibly that is not spelled correctly. ;)

Andrew

PS - Maybe Ron isn't authenticating for them anymore because AMI took this thread to heart (LOL)
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8650&highlight=fukushima

hblakewolf
10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Andrew-

My mistake. Ron's correctly spelled last name is Fukushima. Sorry for the mistake.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Vintagedeputy
10-10-2007, 07:34 AM
I was a spelling bee champ in the 5th grade and I believe that either spelling variation is acceptable....:)

Jim

CollectGU
10-10-2007, 08:24 AM
The most recent October American Memorabila Auction catalog does not list Ron Fuckushima as part of the 100% Authentic team, any longer.

This leaves Lou Lampson, "considered...as the foremost authority and analyst in the field" as the sole equipment authenticator, with assistance from Chuck Cirelli and Willy Steinmiller.

Why the change?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

I don't know why Ron is not listed but you are forgetting Bob Case and Denny Esken and Rich Ellis( hockey) among those assisting on authenticating items.

Regards,

Dave

hblakewolf
10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Howard,

I don't know why Ron is not listed but you are forgetting Bob Case and Denny Esken and Rich Ellis( hockey) among those assisting on authenticating items.

Regards,

Dave

Dave-
Per the most recent AMI catalog, there is no mention of Bob Case or Rich Eliis being associated with AMI or the 100% AUTHENTIC TEAM.

As for Denny Eskin, and the description included in the catalog, he is "Exclusively contracted to authenticate our Steelers and Pirates memorabilia and all game worn gloves".

Are we led to believe that Lampson's keen expertise combined with his "8,000 plus uniform related photos in his reference library" will provide adequate resource for authenticating all types of jerseys and equipment? The again, Lou can may be relying on Chuck Cirelli (Asst. Pirates Equip. Mgr.) or Willie Steinmiller (Equip. Manager for the Chicago Sting, bulls and Visiting Clubhouse Asst. for the White Sox in 1977/78).

Dave, Vic or Keeta, any help in understanding the change is appreciated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

jdr3
10-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Howard's spelling reminded me of a package we received at our house sometime in the mid 80s. We lived on Sulky Lane, but whoever did the data processing for this company made a typo. The amazing thing is that the package arrived at our house. I cut the shipping label off because it was so unique.