PDA

View Full Version : Deceptive Brady Quinn Auction- Ebay Seller RCStinger

Eric
10-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Ebay seller RCStinger just completed an auction for
Brady Quinn #10 Browns QB Game Worn Practice Jersey
Item number: 230180484062

Seller sold it in the Best Offer Price of $92 to buyer hothotdish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brady-Quinn-10-Browns-QB-Game-Worn-Practice-Jersey_W0QQitemZ230180484062QQihZ013QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the description:

Here is a Cleveland Browns QB Quinn Practice Worn Jersey. Jersey is a 03-48 S #10 with missing back nameplate. Great for customization. Straight from the player to your home. Jersey does show use. If you have any questions or need additional pictures you can contact me at patsgamezone@yahoo.com. Happy Bidding and Good Luck!

Taking the seller up on his offer to answer questions, I wrote him asking where the jersey came from and if it had NFL documentation or a COA. I know it is tagged 03, but often practice jerseys are carried forward from previous years, so despite the year tag it could be from this season. But I thought it would be odd that a QB wouldn't have a red practice jersey. The seller responded by saying he got the jersey from the browns team store.

i asked if he bought it in person or over the internet

He responded, "I purchased the jersey over the internet and the name plate is missing. Not sure if it was truly meant for brady or not."

Hmm. He advertises it as a Brady Quinn jersey and even says it's a Quinn Practice Worn jersey in the description and now he's acknolwedging something completely the opposite?

I had previously asked the seller some questions about the throwback tomlinson which he was also selling which had many inconsistencies to every other example I have seen.

The seller then told me to stop contacting him. He then wrote

"I have nothing against you,but you sure have made yourself a problem with me."

I followed up with another question and he has since blocked my email address.

Eric

beantown
10-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Eric,

I believe this jersey was offered on Ebay in the last several months as a Kelly Holcomb practice jersey, with the Holcomb nameplate. Odd how the nameplate is missing on this jersey, but "rcstinger" has another Browns practice jersey on Ebay from '03 and that has a nameplate!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Campbell-Browns-QB-Game-Worn-Practice-Jersey_W0QQitemZ230180483216QQihZ013QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As you can see in this photo, the '07 Browns do indeed wear namplates on their practice jerseys...to many issues with this seller...