PDA

View Full Version : Are These Real Or Fake A-Rod Bats? Pics Enclosed

broome1000
10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I am looking for opinions regarding these two Arod bats that I purchased. The first comes with a C.O.A. from authentic Sports Inc. and has an ASI hologram as well as an arod's hologram. It is supposed to be game used from 2003. The second Sam bat is supposed to be another Arod bat that the seller got directly from Arod. There is no C.O.A. with this bat. The sam bat is signed the first one is not. Any opinions on the two bats and signature. All comments good and bad are appreciated.

http://broomecounty.com/images/arod1.jpg

http://broomecounty.com/images/arod2.jpg

stlbats
10-11-2007, 06:42 PM
The Rawlings bat is at least game issued. Arod could have very possibly used it. The SAM looks to me like it was made for autographs. The team name is not present on the barrel sweet spot and it appears to have no use. The autograph looks good to me.

Jason

ripken8@bellsouth.net

3arod13
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Based on my knowledge as an arod collector, the signature is 100% authentic. Game used, I wouldn't touch these bats. Just my opinion.

Regards, Tony

broome1000
10-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. Tony the sam bat was not represented as game used. Also Does the Rawlings bat having Arod's personal hologram mean anything?

broome1000
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. Tony you said you wouldn't touch either. What bothers you about the rawlings? Do you think having Arod's personal hologram means anything?

3arod13
10-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the replies. Tony you said you wouldn't touch either. What bothers you about the rawlings? Do you think having Arod's personal hologram means anything?

Personal preference. Not enough use for me. In addition, what I have learned in this forum, and my further research of Alex Rodriguez Game Used Bats, there are many situations where arod will sign bats "Game Used" when they weren't. Mostly used/uses black bats. Blonde in BP. Not saying anything is wrong with either bats. Just personal preference.

worldchamps
10-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Letters from players sadly do not mean a thing

There is photographic proof on this website of players with stacks of COA's they are signing that do not even have typed on them what the item is.

3arod13
10-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Letters from players sadly do not mean a thing

There is photographic proof on this website of players with stacks of COA's they are signing that do not even have typed on them what the item is.

Unfortunately, this is so true. Players sign the stack of letters, sign the items, and leave. Then the text is put into the LOA's later.

Does make you wonder if your really getting what the LOA says.