PDA

View Full Version : Michael Strahan Rick Game Used Jersey

madlab7
02-01-2006, 04:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Strahan-2001-2002-Giants-Game-Used-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8760157380QQcategoryZ86829QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi all. I cam across this jersey on ebay a minute ago and was wondering if anyone could help me with it. It is a 2001-2002 game used jersey from Michael Strahan. But what got me to wondering about the jersey was that one the NFL equipment logo on a 2001 jersey. It should have the old NFL shield patch. I know that the auction states that it was probably used used during 2002, but would a team hang onto a jersey another year for a player to used? Another thing that cause my eye on the jersey was the jock tag. Shouldnt there be a helmet tag there like most other NFL jerseys from 2001 or did they used both style jock tags this year? I just thought that it was kinda odd that a team would hold onto a jersey of Strahans caliber and redo the shield and the jock tag for the next year of play. Thanks and any help is appreciated!

Johnny

WOODFERN
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
John, From What I Have Seen From This Jersey, If It Was Me, I Would Not Touch It. I`m A Longtime Giants Fan And Have Seen Alot Of Giants Gameworn Jerseys. The Tagging In The Tail Is Definitly From 2002. What Bothers Me Is The Sleeves. Strahan Wears A Close Lineman Cut Sleeve. The Sleeves On This Jersey Do Not Look Right To Me. Secondly, Strahan Usually Cuts The Botton Tail. I Have Seen A 2002 Strahan Gamer Up Close, The Meigray Group, Who Handle All Giants Game Worn Equiptment, Had One And This Jersey Listed Does Not Look Anything Like It. This Looks Like A Procut. Again, If It Was Me, I`d Stay Away From It. Hope This Helps. George