PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Item # 110178306187

Marichal27
10-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Just noticed that this Bobby Bonds locker room nameplate on ebay. It was used for a 1985 Giants old timers game, not when he played for the Giants. The seller is h20polojunkie. A member of this forum, Lon Lewis, who once worked in the Giants clubhouse, made these up for the old timers game. Giants never had nameplates when Bonds played for the Giants. Dick Dobbins did sell these plates, but he didn't get any Giants items til after the 1982 season. Save your money.

3arod13
10-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Emailed the seller your remarks. Here is there response:

I appreciate the information and informing me. I will make sure I notify any buyer/bidder.Thanks

Bondsgloves
10-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm the seller, I went ahead and updated the description. I appreciate being informed of the orgin of this nameplate, I purchased it from Dobbins assuming it was used during his playing days. Didn't intend to misrepresent item in anyway. I emailed high bidder offering that they can purchase item for $30 if they win (what I paid), retract bid, or if they win not pay. Thanks Forum, hope you all agree this is the right way to handle this.

bigjimsguitars
10-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds like an honest mistake on the sellers part and I think the OP was a bit harsh to say the least...a case of rush to judgement as it certainly appears that there was ample time for the op to inform the seller of his/her concerns and wait to see how the seller responded.

Personally, I still think it's a cool collectible, but it's from the hated Giants (you got to understand that I'm a Dodgers Fan) and it still eminated from the San Francisco Giants and was used by Bobby Bonds, albeit for just one (oldtimers) game.

I think what the seller is doing is more than fair...

calgrad1999
10-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I am currently high bidder on the item. I just wanted to thank everyone involved regarding the discussion and auction. You guys are extremely courteous and professional. I appreciate the quick insight, feedback, and reaching out. The seller is also agreeing to do something which is extremely fair.

I'm still interested in the item, so we'll see what happens.

Best. This place really has the potential to be a phenomenal place to exchange/reach out/and get information. I hope other posters and individuals read this tread and see how courteous and professional everyone was in the handling of this situation. If every auction/posting were at good as this one, this hobby would be even that much more enjoyable!

Vintagedeputy
10-14-2007, 10:24 AM
There's been a few threads where we all have questioned items, sometimes in a negative manner. Perhaps we need to have a list of everyone's ebay id's so that we can handle things here without it getting blown up unnecessarily?