PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Atlanta Falcons jerseys - must see

skipcareyisfat
10-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm not a football jersey guy, but these are amazing. They belong to guy here in the Atlanta area who used to work as a ball boy for the Braves in the 70s. They appear to be all original, and the use on them is outstanding. I believe they're all from the 60s and 70s. According to the owner, he tried to obtain more of these from the Falcons equipment guy in the 70s, but the guy said he was under strict orders from Rankin Smith to burn all of the jerseys after each season.

Mark Hayne, I know you're always on the lookout for jerseys like these. I figured you and the other football collectors on here would enjoy seeing them. The owner, btw, is interested in selling them, but I'm not able to offer any specifics on that. Feel free to email me and I would be glad to put you in touch with someone who could help.

-Jason
jctaylor101@yahoo.com

skipcareyisfat
10-13-2007, 10:57 AM
More pics...

G1X
10-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Jason,

Thanks so much for the post and the pictures. As a long-time Falcons jersey collector, these were a treat to see!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

both-teams-played-hard
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I could take or leave the mesh, but the durenes are works of art! The tags were needed for my database. Thanks for posting...