PDA

View Full Version : Inscribing Game Used Items

WMMRMATT
10-14-2007, 08:57 AM
I wanted to get the "Experts" opinion on inscribing game used items.

If one is to get a game used item autographed should an inscription be added. If an inscription is added what exactly should the inscription be?

Game Used, Game used and the date???

Please let me know your thoughts...

:confused:

3arod13
10-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I wanted to get the "Experts" opinion on inscribing game used items.

If one is to get a game used item autographed should an inscription be added. If an inscription is added what exactly should the inscription be?

Game Used, Game used and the date???

Please let me know your thoughts...

:confused:

I am in the process of having Robinson Cano sign this glove, as follows:

Robinson Cano
Trenton Thunder
Game Used
2003-2004

To me, this says it all. Adding a date would be difficult, as he used this gove for a long time. Now, if someone used a bat in which they hit a HR, then a date would be appropriate.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Tony

TFig27
10-14-2007, 09:53 AM
where on the glove are you getting it signed?

3arod13
10-14-2007, 10:56 AM
where on the glove are you getting it signed?

As shown

TFig27
10-14-2007, 11:16 AM
hate to break the news to you, but that's not cano's autograph :p

i like the way you are going to have him sign it
if you dont mind me asking, how much is steiner charging?

3arod13
10-14-2007, 11:57 AM
hate to break the news to you, but that's not cano's autograph :p

i like the way you are going to have him sign it
if you dont mind me asking, how much is steiner charging?

I had to laugh. Of course it's not. The glove hasn't been signed yet. He asked where am I going to have it signed, so I printed a copy of the glove on paper at wrote what I'm requesting Cano to sign, so he can see where.

TFig27
10-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I had to laugh. Of course it's not. The glove hasn't been signed yet. He asked where am I going to have it signed, so I printed a copy of the glove on paper at wrote what I'm requesting Cano to sign, so he can see where.

ha i knew that..thats what the ":p " was for

blue or black sharpie?

3arod13
10-14-2007, 12:49 PM

blue or black sharpie?

Man, I missed that. Guess I'm a little slow of the faces :rolleyes:

3arod13
10-15-2007, 03:09 AM
blue or black sharpie?

Good question. This glove Cano signed before looks good in black, considering the glove is practically new. My glove shows so much use, it dark. I think black would show up better, but not sure.

skyking26
10-15-2007, 05:45 AM
I like inscriptions on about everything. On a GU bat, if you know the era, have him put some notable stats from a given year. Same with a jersey etc. Example: 84/85 Louisville Sl. Kingman - 84 AL comeback/400 HRS 8-10-85...

RK

ballofbases@hotmail.com
10-17-2007, 02:37 AM
I like items that just have the signature and year used. I would rather have documentation saying that says it was game used rather than having it put on the bat, glove, batting gloves, etc . . . That's just me though. Any other thoughts on the inscriptions???

Michael
Majorleagueaccess@gmail.com
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

frikativ54
01-31-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't like inscriptions on game used items. It makes them feel like ads for the particular player who used them. IMHO, it really destroys the look of a good glove. Personally, I don't even like autographs on my game used items, unless they are bats. Items are nice the way they are, and they certainly don't need to be destroyed to show every bit of "history" surrounding the piece.

scottanservitz
02-01-2008, 10:04 AM
I like bats to be autographed. Small inscriptions look good like hits or hr or hof year. Jerseys I don't like signed as much. If jersey is signed I'd like it on the number and not the jersey itself. These are my preferences, but to each his own. AROD, I tend to agree with not getting the Cano all written on. Gloves are sweet as they are and your has such nice use on it I wouldn't want to cover that up. But that's just me.
Scott

harpt
02-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I've got a Ted Simmons glove that he signed. When he saw the glove he said "look at this, it's my Trapper!" Then he signed it "Game used, My Trapper" I didn't own the glove at the time, but happened to be there next to Ted when he signed it.

I normally don't like game used items to be signed, but this one is cool to me because it serves as a reminder of that interaction with one of my heros...also because it makes me feel even that much more comfortable with the item's authenticity.

suave1477
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM
First you should do a search we have spoken about this topic before and you may get some really good ideas from it.

AROD as far as your glove I wouldn't have each finger written on it takes away from the glove and cahances are you wouldn't need each finger written on to get that stuff writtten. He could probably write it all on one finger especially his name he doesnt write it out full its more like this "Rob Cano"

I personally like to have inscriptions on my items from when the item was used like a date or a year, but I personally will only a llow the player to do it if the player themselves feels confident that iwas there item and I feel confident that they beleive its there item.

Some players will write anything and they don't care. Which to me then ruins the hobby because here is an item that says game used and who really knows.
When I get an item signed I will ask the player is this your bat? Do you recognize it? Does it have your charecteristics that you used on bats? Did you use that model or Brand?
Questions like that. Usually they will look the bat over and say yes or no or I don't think so. Unless it is a Yes they I ownt have them sign an inscription.

Example I showed Jose Canseco a Game Used Yankee bat of his asked him a few questions he scrutnized the bat up and down and said "yep thats defintiely one of mine" Then I proceeded with asking him to inscribe "Game Used and the Year he used it in" He said "No Problem'

Rob L
02-02-2008, 12:46 AM

blue or black sharpie?

Always use black. The blue sharpie will fade, even with UV resistance.