Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahuff
    • Nov 2005

Ebay Sniping

Perhaps my wording is wrong. However, all of you experts, how does one snipe (bid at very last second) on an e-bay item?

Thanks
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Re: Ebay Sniping

You have to sign up for a snipe service. They will ask you how much you want your bid to be, at what point you'd like them to check back at the auction to make sure that you bid would still be able to win, and then at what point you'd like your bid to "fire" (3 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 seconds before end etc)...

then, sit back and watch!

Jim

Comment

• ahuff
      • Nov 2005

What are the services of choice that fellow board members use?

Thanks.
      "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

I use e-snipe

Comment

• mvandor
          Banned
          • Apr 2007

Auction Sniper is a free ebay sniper that automates the process of placing your bid at the auction closing. Place eBay auction bidding snipe automatically.

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

I snipe the old fashioned way.

Got to the auction (with a few minutes left) and place your max bid, stop before hitting the final Confirm Bid button.
            Now open another window and go the auction to keep track of time. There's a little Refresh button near the price and you can hit that every so often until you get down to the end. With a few seconds left, just open your other window and click Confirm.
            Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• Yankwood
              • Nov 2005

Well, you guys talked me into it. I set up my first ever "snipe". I'll report back when I get the results.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

Yankwood - you wont be disappointed...they work so well that a few weeks ago I bought a bat because I forgot that I had set a snipe and forgot to cancel it.

Best of luck!

Jim

Comment

• ahuff
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Yankwood
                  Well, you guys talked me into it. I set up my first ever "snipe". I'll report back when I get the results.
                  I'm about ready to set up my first snipe, as well. How did it go?

Comment

• Yankwood
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ahuff
                    I'm about ready to set up my first snipe, as well. How did it go?
                    I'm 0 for 4 in the sniping department. Each time I was out of the running even before the final gun. I just set it in beforehand because I knew I wouldn't be home when it went off. Apparently, I'm the Jack Benny of sniping. Good luck.

Comment

• DRILLINDK
                      • Nov 2007

Wow, never knew these services were available.
                      drillindk@yahoo.com

Comment

• ahuff
                        • Nov 2005

Well, I had my first sniping experience. It worked great, though, I was shockingly outbid by one person. Normally, I don't bid huge amounts. Though, I must be honest and say I was shocked to see I was outbid, as I bid about 2 times my estimated value of the item. Oh well, at least it was so much that I certainly don't feel sick missing out on it.

Comment

• DConLA
                          • Mar 2007

I'VE USED THE SERVICE 4 TIMES AND I'M 3 FOR 4.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

Comment

Working...