PDA

View Full Version : Ever received the wrong item?

cigarman44
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I had recently won a Ankiel Carolina Clubs bat off of eBay. Today I received a Mark Grudzielanek X Bat. I believe the winner of that bat is a member here, stlbats. I email both him and the seller to see if he sent my Ankiel to stlbats. Never had this happen before. Wish I could keep the Grudz bat as I need one for my collection. If this is yours stlbats I'll give you 80.00 for it. lol

woodbat
10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I had recently won a Ankiel Carolina Clubs bat off of eBay. Today I received a Mark Grudzielanek X Bat. I believe the winner of that bat is a member here, stlbats. I email both him and the seller to see if he sent my Ankiel to stlbats. Never had this happen before. Wish I could keep the Grudz bat as I need one for my collection. If this is yours stlbats I'll give you 80.00 for it. lol

Cigarman,
I recently won a Mark Grudzielanek X Bat on eBay. Today I received a Rick Ankiel Carolina Club bat. You are correct that the seller has a little situation here. First of all my forum handle is woodbat, and my eBay handle is stlbats. The fellow using stlbats on this forum is not me, tends to be some confusing............... Secondly I tore up my files trying to figure out why someone would be sending me a Rick Ankiel bat as I already had one. I been known to do some strange things with my bat collection, but sure didn't think I had ordered a second Ankiel bat. Appareciate you posting your message, at least I stopped looking thru my paper work.......I bid on the Grudz bat as the one I have came from Cardinal Care and has a piece missing and they just couldn't come to replace it. It has papers and is autographed, but I have a thing about missing pieces...... The one you received in error is NFS. Let me know how you want to handle this switch.... Bear in mind we both have already paid shipping..... What kind of story did the seller have??
By the way your Ankiel is nice, has his new 24 on the barrel end. Good use, nice tape etc, might be you could check out birdbats Cardinal bat list and see if he shows an Ankiel CC in 2007???
Again, LMK know on the bat switch..
Respectfully,
Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net

cigarman44
10-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Well I emailed the seller and have heard nothing as of yet. He seems to be a bit slow with responses. I believe that he should refund us shipping since we will have to ship these to eachother. If and when I hear from him I will let you know ASAP. Dont worry your Grudz bat is safe with me for the time being :D ( Great looking bat by the way) I would like pics and a price if you are willing to sell your other Grudz bat. I believe the Ankiel you have of mine was used in Memphis. I saw pics of him using them in Memphis and spring training. I have an Ankiel from this year in St Louis so I wanted a Triple A bat of his. If you want to sell the other one maybe you can ship them together to save you some shipping cost. But like I said I will let you know what he says.

Joe Edwards

cigarman44
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
As of yet still havent receive comment from seller. My email is od99edwards@yahoo.com for info on your other Grudz bat

metsbats
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I once purchased a game used Rafael Santana bat from a fellow collector and was mailed a game used Bob Ojeda. I was actually looking for a Ojeda too and ended up buying both!

David

cigarman44
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Ive email the guy who received my bat 3 times to get his address and he hasnt responded

bigtruck260
10-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Kind of odd isn't it? I was wondering how all of this turned out (since I am a Cards collector too). Did the seller ever respond?

cigarman44
10-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah he said to let him know how much it was to return to the other buyer and he would send it back paypal. Now I just need his address! Woodbat please send me your address so we can swap this out. od99edwards@yahoo.com

camarokids
10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I received the correct bats from an ebay seller over a couple of months span back in 2005. But , at the beginning of this year , the seller emails me and asks me if I received a Ruben Sierra Sam Bat by accident. I replied back that no I did not and had I , I would've returned it for I only collect Devil Rays. I just thought it was kind of strange.

Anybody on here receive a Sierra bat by accident?????