Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Arod Glove on Ebay

would anyone touch this? dude has (0) feedback.

Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.
  • bigtruck260
    • Sep 2007

Re: Arod Glove on Ebay

Not with the way A-Rod writes GAME USED on everything. SOrry, but for a guy who is at the hot corner, that glove does not look broken it at all...
    show me the pocket. "I love NY" he has some goofy inscriptions too.

NOPE.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• cjclong
      • Feb 2006

Did ARod use the same model glove at 3rd base when he first started with the Yankees that he did when he was playing shortstop? And would this be the same model glove. I may be wrong, but the Rawlings patch looks odd.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Here are two pics from 2003. You can see the Gold Rawlings Tag. He maybe used them quickly, in order to call them game used and then to sell. Don't believe he used them long.
        Attached Files
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

Here's two from 2004
          Attached Files
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• cjclong
            • Feb 2006

Has this glove been auctioned before? I thought I remembered seeing a glove with the "I love NY' inscription sometime ago.

Comment

• kylehess10
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by cjclong
              Has this glove been auctioned before? I thought I remembered seeing a glove with the "I love NY' inscription sometime ago.

I remember seeing it on eBay too
              kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
              http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Yes, I'm more than positive it was this one 02/03
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

My only concern with the glove is, I believe it was made for the purpose of selling, hence 02/03, vice an actual arod game used glove that he like using. With them being numbered 01/02/03, I wouldn't consider them true gamers.

Just my thoughts.
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Carlevv
                    • May 2007

The 02/03 are the years when he won the gold glove. Its not a numbering system.

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Carlevv
                      The 02/03 are the years when he won the gold glove. Its not a numbering system.
                      I assumed it was a numbering system, especially consider the auction deccription states:

This Rawling Gold Glove was used by Alex Rodriguez dating back from his 2003 and 2004 season (his first season as the N.Y. Yankees) !!
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• joelsabi
                        • Aug 2005

I believe i found the place where it was auctioned off. http://robertedwardauctions.com/auct...69.html#photos

knowing this and the person on ebay with no previous sale on ebay, is it possible that the photo and description was taken from here with the intend of fraud?

it just seem usual for such an item to not have a minimum bid if the person bought it for over 3K.
                        Regards,
                        Joel S.
                        joelsabi @ gmail.com
                        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by joelsabi
                          I believe i found the place where it was auctioned off. http://robertedwardauctions.com/auct...69.html#photos

knowing this and the person on ebay with no previous sale on ebay, is it possible that the photo and description was taken from here with the intend of fraud?

it just seem usual for such an item to not have a minimum bid if the person bought it for over 3K.
                          Nice work! I contacted the seller on three different occasions over the past couple of days, with no response.
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

I contacted ebay and recommended they cancel this auction until the seller can prove to them that they have the glove in their possession.
                            I also provided them the link to the auction in which the glove was originally sold.

Numerous emails to the seller with no response.
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• cjclong
                              • Feb 2006

Does anyone have any information as to whether this glove is authentic and can the loa's be trusted (Is ARod authenticated still in business?) and do we know now if the seller has the glove and if he does why is there no reserve if it previously sold for over $3,000.00 After contacting ebay has anyone heard anything. I hate the "I love NY" but I might have been interested if the above questions were addressed. Do the loa's describe why the glove should be considered used since no picture of the palm.

Comment

Working...