PDA

View Full Version : what is game issued considered?

joelsabi
10-15-2007, 09:42 PM
is game issued items considered game used or vintage item? i trying to understand some terminilogy. thanks in advanced.

Peterson28
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Game Issued usually means a jersey that has been custom made to a specific players specifactions, but that was not actually used for game play. It is basically a players back up jersey.

joelsabi
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
a person can buy a fitted new era hat of his favorite player. does that mean it is game issued? it meets the players specification. other items like helmets can also be found. does having the number sticker on a fitted helmet make it game issued?

kylehess10
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
a person can buy a fitted new era hat of his favorite player. does that mean it is game issued? it meets the players specification. other items like helmets can also be found. does having the number sticker on a fitted helmet make it game issued?

No, a game issued item was actually issued to the player to use. It just wasn't used though

Vintagedeputy
10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
something made for the player's sole use but that doesnt get used for some reason.....

joelsabi
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM
No, a game issued item was actually issued to the player to use. It just wasn't used though

what equipment can be issued to players? can a unused fitted hat left at a players locker be worth more than a item a fan bought with the same specification. how can you tell the difference?

kylehess10
10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
what equipment can be issued to players? can a unused fitted hat left at a players locker be worth more than a item a fan bought with the same specification. how can you tell the difference?

Bats, jerseys, pants, etc.etc.etc. Pretty much everything. Game issued items are worth more than regular retail equipment but nothing really close to the value of the item if game used. I don't really see that many game issued hats. Most items that I see game issued are bats & jerseys.

bigtruck260
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Also,

Spikes, batting gloves, wristbands - and other accessories. Some players are like ladies - always coordinating colors, etc. Back in the late 80's some players had wristbands with photos of themselves on them...see Bonds, Vince Coleman, etc.

BE CAREFUL WITH ANYTHING THAT IS LISTED AS GAME ISSUED. Treat it like it is a game worn item for tagging, sizing, etc. Issued items can hold a significant amount of value. A Pujols Issued Rookie jersey just sold for $550...

Swoboda4
10-16-2007, 10:17 AM
This is an ongoing question thats good to go over every so often.
I agree with Kyle and Vintagedeputy with game issued. My 2 cents is this:

Game Used= Worn by the player in a game(hence the name).This includes
a coach/manager not playing but in dougout,coaches box
and bullpen. A TBTC uniform worn by a player available
but not getting in that game is still game used.

Game Issued=placed in the players locker,or officially given to him to use
(hence the name issued).For it to be issued it had to be
given to the player(my view)...and then NOT used in play.

Game Ready=the EXACT items above but not USED or ISSUED to the
player but acquired by hobbists/fans.

bigtruck260
10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Game Ready - Interesting.

I guess you could say that the item is "prepped for game use"..?

For instance, a bat is taped by a player in thier particular pattern - or the handle is shaved/grooved or mota/tar is applied?

Pujols used to cut the bottom of his jerseys off (tails) would you consider that game ready?

Swoboda4
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Bigtruck,I agree with you on treating game issued as game worn for the purpose of looking at tags, size,etc

Once a shipment of bats/items is delivered to the player,they're "issued" or given. Before delivery they're ready/game ready(If you acquired a bat not yet given to a player but was made specifically for him i believe it game ready). If a player touched it tapes it cuts it,(my view)it's issued-past the point of it being game ready. Once it's in play,it's game used. Some people possess an exact,and I mean exact copy of an item. I believe then that is a GAME BAT,not "ready","issued" or "used". I think it is correct to have there three words specifically to describe an item that shows the progression of an item to a player-a difference between something going to a player and something that is made for the fan.
I'm taking this too far but that's what I look for.