PDA

View Full Version : How can people be so stupid??

33bird
10-16-2007, 10:19 PM
This Larry Bird jersey card, with a cut out NBA Logo, and an autograph, and of course a 1/1 stamped on it, just went for 3550.00! Are you kidding me? You can get a late in his career game used jersey of Bird for less than that-and have him autograph it for 115.00-and you'd have the WHOLE jersey. Not just some worthless cut out NBA LOGO. I just don't get it at all. What a waste of good money. See scans. Which would you rather have??
Greg

cigarman44
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah that's crazy. I never understood the intrest in game used cards. I see 1/1's all the time go for what you could get a full jersey for. Unreal.

kylehess10
10-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I remember about 5 years ago, I saw a Chipper Jones game worn jersey card on eBay with a 1x1 inch piece of the All Star Game patch (and this is from a regular season jersey) and the card sold for over $500. Now you can get the whole thing for not too much more. It confuses me as well but collectors will be collectors :rolleyes:

Plus, I don't get that George Washington Topps card with a piece of his hair that sold recently on eBay for $8,000. I remember seeing on eBay awhile back well-documented strands of his hair for under $1,000 so these card companies must be doing SOMETHING to be making collectors pay so much more for these things.

B1SON
10-16-2007, 11:16 PM
I just don't think they know any better (to buy the real deal that is). These cards are just more visible (Ebay). Bird's gameused jerseys do not come up for sale on Ebay like the cards do. ;)

bigtruck260
10-17-2007, 12:01 AM
I have a buddy that still collects cards - and for player collectors, this type of card is a MUST HAVE. I quit collecting cards seriously a while ago...they seemed like a toilet investment at the time, and I liked the GU stuff better for the price.

His counter is that I will eventually run out of space for my collection and make my wife mad - while his fits neatly into binders, and cvan be easily hidden from her;)

I guess if you are that obsessive about cards and a certain player, then you feel compelled to spend a few grand on a sticker auto and teeny little logo patch.

You're right, I don't get it either.

Dave