PDA

View Full Version : Royals Give Gamers To Season Ticket Buyers

Eric
02-02-2006, 04:49 AM
From Royals.com

The new Fireworks Fanatics Pack features a 14-game package for the price of 12 games. It includes every Friday night home game on the 2006 schedule as well as the Royals 4th of July matchup against the Minnesota Twins with prices beginning at $144 in the Outfield Plaza. Fans purchasing this new mini plan won't miss a single night of fireworks at "The K." The plans showcases 11 different opponents as well as dual dates with the Twins, A's and White Sox. In addition to receiving a free yearbook, the first 150 fans to purchase the 14-game Fireworks Fanatic Pack at www.royals.com (http://www.royals.com/) will receive a FREE authentic Royals game-worn jersey from the 2005 season (the Royals are unable to honor specific jersey requests).

pietraynor
02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Anyone else take advantage of this offer? $144 for 14 tix & an '05 Gamer, can't beat it! Kind of like a G/U "Grab Bag", part of the fun is the surprise! I'll let you know what comes my way toward Opening Day.

byergo
02-03-2006, 12:04 AM
I didn't see anywhere on the Royals site where it mentioned GAME USED. Just official jerseys.

Eric
02-03-2006, 12:20 AM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060201&content_id=1304974&vkey=pr_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

byergo
02-03-2006, 12:31 AM
I must have looked at the wrong page. That's really a pretty cool deal (except you'll be getting a minor league caliber jersey--and not an attractive look either!). I can say that, as a lifelong and long suffering Royals fan!

They really had a classy looking jersey when Bo, and Brett were playing (a Dodgers ripoff, but real nice). Also like the old baby blues they used to wear in the 1980's.

pietraynor
02-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Wow! Tough crowd!

byergo
02-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Hard not to be bitter and jaded when you team goes from being ultra competitive and winning the World Series (slapping around the hated Yankees now and again) directly into not making the post season for over TWENTY YEARS!

Then to make matters much worse we have a Wal-Mart a$$hole absentee owner who doesn't live in or care a rip about Kansas City, and just milk's the franchise like his personal cash cow. Glass reportedly only spent $16M on salary last year after you factor in the luxury tax gift money he had handed to him. He has no desire to win, and doesn't even fake a passing interest in fielding a competitive team. May he die and rot in hell!