PDA

View Full Version : Odd "World Series" Bat

godwulf
10-18-2007, 12:47 AM
I happened upon this bat on eBay this morning - it wasn't even listed under "game used", so I was fortunate to even see it - and it has me puzzled.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/bc/99/acbd_3.JPG

At first glance, I thought it was some kind of "show" bat, despite being cracked...then I noticed the distinctive tape job that Bautista has always put on the handle of his bats.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/bc/99/ae8b_12.JPG
http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/bc/99/ba13_12.JPG

The only World Series bat I own is a Rawlings made for Randy Johnson in 2001, and the only distinctive marking on it is a "WS" before the date stamp on the knob. I've never seen a LS marked like this...and the really weird thing is, when did you ever see a LS with an "069" model number? I've only ever seen that model number on Easton bats...and 069 Eastons happened to be what Bautista was using in '01.

Thoughts?

godwulf
10-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Okay, apparently "069" is a LS model number...I just found a Richie Zisk Cubs bat on eBay with that marking.

I'm still curious as to whether anyone else has ever seen a LS "World Series" bat marked like this.

BMH
10-18-2007, 06:28 AM
We mark all our world series bats with that bottom line. In fact we had to rush the plug for "2007 WORLD SERIES" yesterday morning from the foundry for the news channels. All the Colorado bats are complete, just waiting on the other guys.

The O69 is a popular model with some of our MLB players first made it in the late 80's.

harpt
10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
BMH,

It is so cool that you do what you do on this site. What a great resource you are. Thank you.

godwulf
10-18-2007, 09:01 AM
We mark all our world series bats with that bottom line. In fact we had to rush the plug for "2007 WORLD SERIES" yesterday morning from the foundry for the news channels. All the Colorado bats are complete, just waiting on the other guys.

The O69 is a popular model with some of our MLB players first made it in the late 80's.

Hey, thanks a lot! Always good to be able to get info from the horse's mouth, as they say. I must have close to 300 Louisville Sluggers in my collection, and this will be the only '069' in the bunch...hence my ignorance. Thanks again!

bigjimsguitars
10-18-2007, 11:12 AM
GW:

You scored big time, nice going!!!

BMH
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey, thanks a lot! Always good to be able to get info from the horse's mouth, as they say. I must have close to 300 Louisville Sluggers in my collection, and this will be the only '069' in the bunch...hence my ignorance. Thanks again!

I didn't think about it until yesterday, but I should have taken pictures of all the Colorado bats sitting out waiting to be packed. They looked good, hopefully most the team will swing them at least once. Colorado and Cleveland aren't exactly are best teams for bat usage. We're probably only 40% with the Indians!

If you ever wonder why I cheer for the Yankees..they are loyal customers.;)

godwulf
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
GW:

You scored big time, nice going!!!

Yeah, not too bad a deal for 46 bucks!

It was sheer dumb luck that I even saw it...because of the signed photo that comes with it, I guess, the Seller had it listed under "autographed" rather than "game used"...and I seldom do a search just for team name. Guess I'm gonna have to start doing it more often.