PDA

View Full Version : Denver Nuggets Pre-game

hblakewolf
10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
As I clean out my storage room, it's amazing to see some of the jerseys that have been tucked away for years.

Below is a green knit Denver Nuggets pullover. Can someone tell me when these were worn? It has a California Athletic Limited tag in the front left outer tail, with a size 46 tag to the right. Inside, a small white tag with 55 written on it. I was told this was worn by Kiki Vandeweghe around
1980/81.

Any inight about this is appreciated (year, scarcity, value) Likewise, if a collector has interest, I'm all ears on an offer in cash or trade.

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

LEGEND33
10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
I have a similar shoot shirt (see pic) and interested to know exact era.

both-teams-played-hard
10-19-2007, 05:59 PM
My knowledge of NBA shooting shirts says tagging is usually in the collar. They are made to be worn "untucked". Tagging in the tail doesn't seem right. All the Nuggets warm-ups and jerseys that I've seen from the era were made by Powers, MFG.
Do either of the jerseys have numbers on back? The sleeve cut looks like a baseball style, but this is just an opinion. The "DENVER" is the same style used by the Nuggets, but font styles and logos are bitten by teams from different sports and different leagues (high school, college, semi-pro, industrial). It appears that these pictured "DENVER" jerseys would be a drop in quality for the Nuggets since joining the ABA/NBA. Jersey identification is my favorite part of this hobby. Hope you guys find the answers!

LEGEND33
10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
i have also this practice jersey - attributed to Bill HANZLIK with a ALLESON N.Y. (???) tag ......